CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Some help please bike wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some help please bike wont start

Hello,

I have a 2000 F4 and I have some trouble with the bike. I searched the forums but can't find a situation like mine. It started when I was riding for about 10 min around my neighborhood. All of a sudden the bike started to lose power and when i pulled in the clutch it slowly died. I tried to start it again and it fired up but slowly died again. I rode it in neutral down my hill and tried to start it in front of my house and it seemed like it wanted to start but died after a couple seconds. I realized soon after that the bike was really, really low on oil. The oil light on the panel stays on now.I added adequate oil according to the "oil window".I read the repair manual and checked for continuity on the oil pressure switch. I took off the wire from the oil pressure sensor to see if it will start without it, but nothing. The bike sounds like its cranking over but it wont "catch" and start. Did I fry the engine?! is there something else wrong that i'm not catching? I'm pretty new to bikes and bought my bike just a couple months ago. Sorry for the rant and thanks for your help.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:09 AM
Default RE: Some help please bike wont start

my bike did the same not too long ago...but I think my problem was I pinched the fuel hose when I stuck my tank back on...I emptied the gas tank, changed the plugs and it has ran fine since...

Old 10-25-2007, 09:18 PM

Thanks for the response, since I removed my oil Pressure Switch the gas tank was off. I put everything back on (made sure there was no pinch in the gas line) and it still won't start.

How do you know if the oil pressure switch is bad? I remoced it and did a continuity test on it and it shorts, does that mean it's bad?

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

my bike did the same not too long ago...but I think my problem was I pinched the fuel hose when I stuck my tank back on...I emptied the gas tank, changed the plugs and it has ran fine since...

Old 10-29-2007, 10:42 PM

Guess I'll take it to a shop then? Does anyone know a good shop in So. Cal, prefer somewhere in the Rowland Heights/Diamond bar area?

Old 10-30-2007, 12:14 AM

You checked the battery right? And it's good? A friend goes to a shop out there in Pasadena, but that might be a little far from you.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:15 AM

Yeah, I even bought a 12v battery charger tender jr to charge it back to 100%
ORIGINAL: crodz600f4

You checked the battery right? And it's good? A friend goes to a shop out there in Pasadena, but that might be a little far from you.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:10 AM

Yeah I think it's time to go to the shop but pay attention to what's going on for learning purposes. Some shops will let youwitness what's going on and some don't (remember it's how they make their money).

Old 10-30-2007, 12:03 PM

does your fuel pump turn on i had the same thing happen to my 99 cbrf4 and there was a connection lose by the battery that ran to the fuel pump so the fuel pump wasn't running. So i plugged it back in and the fuel pump ran and my bike turned right over. The connection is a black connection sitting right behind the battery box where the storage area is

Old 10-30-2007, 12:29 PM

i believe i you and i have the same problem. i have been trying to figure it out for a while. my shop didnt' have time to get to it right away so i have been working on it. its a strange situation. i have a post on this forum about the exact symptoms but i am norrowing it down and believe it has to do with the fuel mixture getting too rich. my bike has been jetted and adjusted properly but the problem still occurs. it will idle fine all day but under load it will start to bog down and die once the clutch is pulled in. it wont restart right away but will fire up after a 5+ mins or so or when starter fluid is introdueced into the intake. i believe it has to do with a major air/vacume system going into the airbox. the AIRINJECTION CONTROL VALVE that sits just under the front of the tank has an electric valve that turns on and off once a charge from the positive hits it (deterimined by the ecm). it may be suffocating the air box and stalling/flooding the engine. i am looking into it and replacing mine (now that my parts are off) but you may be able to test run it by unpluging the positive to it so it is always in one position... it might run rough but should run and help you determine if its bad..... there is another way to test it too listed in the full maitence manual but i decided to just replace mine. i will keep you up to date on how its coming.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:08 PM

Thanks for replying, I'll check my fuel pump. Going to take all the fairings/gas tank off and will try and trouble shoot what all you suggested. Thanks again for your help and if you guys want to chime in anything else please feel free.
ORIGINAL: amarillo

does your fuel pump turn on i had the same thing happen to my 99 cbrf4 and there was a connection lose by the battery that ran to the fuel pump so the fuel pump wasn't running. So i plugged it back in and the fuel pump ran and my bike turned right over. The connection is a black connection sitting right behind the battery box where the storage area is

Quick Reply: Some help please bike wont start