CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Slip on Grafting

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip on Grafting

I found an exhaust I wan't to pick up, it's for an F4i, and I have a 2000 F4.
As you can see this is a problem.

So, My question is: What would be the neccessary work to graft a slip on made for an F4i onto my good ol' F4?
There is one catch too keep in mind, I'm fairly broke, and minimum expense would be the best.

Open to any ideas.

OH. Almost forgot, if it helps at all, the exhaust I'm looking at is http://www.fuel1racing.com/cf_shorty_f4i.html

Old 05-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Default RE: Slip on Grafting

yea man thats a sick pipe, i've been looking for a shorty for the f4 and can't seem to find one. bump for you

Old 05-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the F4i headers outlet is straighter and the F4 turns out a bit. If you or your buddies are good at modifying stuff its possible to get it to fit.

I've thought about reordering one and cutting the mid pipe off and make it were it fits my D&D mid-pipe.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrrrrrrrr

yea man thats a sick pipe, i've been looking for a shorty for the f4 and can't seem to find one. bump for you
Exactly, I'm really only going for the shorty look, so finding a pipe was near impossible (other then buying a full size, and cutting it, which I wasn't prepaired to do).

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

I think the F4i headers outlet is straighter and the F4 turns out a bit. If you or your buddies are good at modifying stuff its possible to get it to fit.

I've thought about reordering one and cutting the mid pipe off and make it were it fits my D&D mid-pipe.
So the header on the F4, where it turns out a bit.
Would that be able to be bent to make it replicate the straighter outlet found on the F4i header?

I also read on some website (where escapes me right now) that an F4i header would fit an F4 perfectly. If that is the case, and I do go that route, would I have to rejet even though it is still a stock header even though its from a different bike?

Sorry for all the questions, but as stated before I'm broke as hell, and I don't want to get the pipe and be screwed.

Thanks for the help !

Old 05-01-2008, 10:10 PM

only diff in the F4 n F4i header is the bend at the outlet except for the 06 n 06 n Cali models which then have a 02 fitting. SO if you want to find a used F4i header, that will work n can be found reasonably cheap. I didnt go that route because I have a full D&D system n didnt wanna give up the beader header.

You could also have a piece made at a local muffler shop it allow it to fit the your existing header. Or cut/bend the end of the mid-pipe so it fits against the bike like it should.
ORIGINAL: Jamesbonz

ORIGINAL: cbrrrrrrrr

Exactly, I'm really only going for the shorty look, so finding a pipe was near impossible (other then buying a full size, and cutting it, which I wasn't prepaired to do).

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

So the header on the F4, where it turns out a bit.
Would that be able to be bent to make it replicate the straighter outlet found on the F4i header?

I also read on some website (where escapes me right now) that an F4i header would fit an F4 perfectly. If that is the case, and I do go that route, would I have to rejet even though it is still a stock header even though its from a different bike?

Sorry for all the questions, but as stated before I'm broke as hell, and I don't want to get the pipe and be screwed.

Thanks for the help !

Old 05-01-2008, 10:38 PM

If there is no difference, then I would not need to rejet...bonus!

Now the problem of finding an F4i header, not many wreckers or part dealers in my area (unless there are a few farther away which have been hiding from me).

Don't know if I should order the pipe and TRY to graft it on, or just find some used F4i headers first (cover all bases right ?)

Thanks alot for all the help!

Old 05-01-2008, 10:39 PM

If there is no difference, then I would not need to rejet...bonus!

Now the problem of finding an F4i header, not many wreckers or part dealers in my area (unless there are a few farther away which have been hiding from me).

Don't know if I should order the pipe and TRY to graft it on, or just find some used F4i headers first (cover all bases right ?)

Thanks alot for all the help!
ebay

Old 05-01-2008, 10:46 PM

Way ahead of ya!

Nothin on there as of yet.
I could wait it out, but I'm hoping to have this ready before this season begins.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:47 PM

Way ahead of ya!

Nothin on there as of yet.
I could wait it out, but I'm hoping to have this ready before this season begins.
My season never ended lol. You look in the classifieds on here?

Old 05-01-2008, 11:09 PM

Check the classifieds on stuntlife.com those guys are always parting out F4i's. I've offered my bike to Craig at bootlegto use itto make a prototypeexhaust for the F4's and he was interested but never let me know when he wanted to do it. I'll follow up with him so we can hopefully finally get a kick a$$ shorty exhaust for our bikes.

Quick Reply: Slip on Grafting