CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

RPMs at Idle, Fuel Indicator, Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks gotcbr... you've been some really great help to a new rider. I will update this thread with posts on the issues stated above tomorrow!

Old 06-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sure thing. Hope all goes well.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:30 PM

Got the RPMs at idle running at a solid 1400 now and it even sounds better and it's easier to take off as well it seems.

Tomorrow I need to take a look at getting some rear blinkers as it doesn't have any currently, only front. It looks like all the wiring is still good to go for the rear... I may just have to buy the blinker system itself.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:46 AM

rear signals are easy to do. you say there arent any on it... which is weird if it was used as a street bike.. check to see if that bike has integrated tail lights with built in turn signal?? if you get factory signals, they will plug right in as long as the wiring hasnt been chopped.. and if you get aftermarket ones, make sure to get some decent ones, or go with an integrated tail light. good aftermarket brands should have all the proper plugs to just mount it and plug it into the stock harness.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by ShindaTravis
Got the RPMs at idle running at a solid 1400 now and it even sounds better and it's easier to take off as well it seems.
Excellent!

Originally Posted by ShindaTravis
Tomorrow I need to take a look at getting some rear blinkers as it doesn't have any currently, only front. It looks like all the wiring is still good to go for the rear... I may just have to buy the blinker system itself.
Like Jurgs said, signal wiring is pretty easy to do. LED signals are fairly inexpensive & easy to install. Even if your orig wiring plugs have been cut off, no worries. Just use std wiring connectors (water proof if you can) & install new signal wiring. Your flash/blinking rate will be quicker w/ LED signals but its nothing to worry about. I like mine that way. ;-) I think it draws the attention quicker.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:24 PM

I've got the signals working now! Next step it's replacing the headlight bulb. Unfortunately I cannot do it the easy way under the cluster because the frame sits right up against the headlight and I have no room to pull out. Does this mean I need to take off the wind shield and front body to pull out the entire light fixture?

Old 06-30-2012, 03:37 PM

You can replace the bulb w/o removing anything. Turn bars completely to R side, revealing access to the unit from the rear.

ETA: You might pinch a finger or two & it may be tight but its accessible. :-)

Old 06-30-2012, 05:59 PM

I think even if I move the handle bars, the center frame is stationary it's right up against the bulb holder (rubber/plug) but I will give this a shot.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:46 PM

You can do it! ;-) There's absolutely no need to remove any bodywork.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:44 PM

Ok thanks gotcbr. I didn't get a chance to today but I did ride the bike for a good 120 accumulative miles and my first ride at night (about 30 miles freeway and 15 city). There was a lightening storm with no rain at all which was awesome. Witnessing that kind of scenery and mother nature doesn't compare to in a car... it was purely awesome.

Is there anyway to do this WITHOUT a second person present to hold the bike with the handle bars to the right? My wife is working all day and I really wanted to knock this bulb replacement out in the morning. I don't think my bike has a rear stand and I don't think you can use the kick stand with wheels turned to the right, can you?

Quick Reply: RPMs at Idle, Fuel Indicator, Etc.