CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Need a right side fairing for a yellow/black 2000 F4. Help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need a right side fairing for a yellow/black 2000 F4. Help?

My right side fairing decided to snap off last night. I guess I should thank the guy I bought it from for buying cheap imitation fairings from China when he laid it down.

But that's neither here nor though. I was just about to sell the bike because I'm leaving for Hawai'i (from Seattle) in a month. I don't have a lot of time (or much money for that matter), so I could definitely use some help making this thing a bit more sellable.

I've got some ideas of ways this could go, but before I'll just say that I'm perfectly fine selling it without the right fairing, and just reducing the price. But I imagine it'll be more worth my time to not go that route unless necessary.

Now, I figure that these are probably my options:
  • Contact the previous owner, see if he hasn't sold the fairings (he still had them when he sold me the bike). He'd probably sell them to me for cheap and though they might be scratched up, it might be the best middle ground, where someone can replace them if they want, or not, but at least something's there.
  • Find the cheapest right fairing and get that, let the next owner decide if that's good enough or they want to replace it with the real fairings.
  • Get the real fairings. However, I hear these are expensive, and I don't have the money to spend hundreds of dollars on fairings right before I move to Hawai'i, so unless someone can show me where I can get some authentic yet cheap fairings... I probably won't go with this option.
  • Someone has the correct fairing I need, lives nearby (or willing to ship it quickly) and will sell it for a good price.
  • And of course, just sell it without the fairing and lower the price.

Here is the fairing I need: http://www.motorcycleforums.net/foru...f4-cbr600a.jpg

Anyway, I figure those are my options. If anyone can provide any help, then this post won't be a total waste of time, lol. I appreciate any help offered.

Thank you.

-David.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, while having all the panels on it would be preferred, you could list it for sale & actually say in the ad that the lower R panel is gone & you are pricing it - taking that into consideration. That way, they'd know up front & your price would reflect that. Could even become a selling point for you.

Could be worth just seeing if you could actually get the original R side lower fairing from the PO for cheap. IF its just a little rashed, clean it up & put it on...all the better.

Otherwise, I understand the lack of desire in spending for a pricey panel unless the rest of the bike is pristine & you were going to keep it.

Good luck.