CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

My heart shattered today....

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My heart shattered today....

nothing wrong with that motor. put it back together and ride it.

Old 03-08-2008, 01:13 AM

guys, if you could source me out a low KM, good engine for my bike i WILL keep it and ride it till i cant ride no longer!!!!

brveagle, is the wear on the cam cavaties bad though?, will my engine not crater shortly afteri start riding again?, to me it seems as if you clean it up bit it should be fine, the guy working on my bike said that i will lose oil pressure and my engine will destroy itself....

also, in the pictures, it's not burn marks, it's actual gouges or line's in the cams and head, there were metal flakes present....

regardless, let me know about engine's you guys!!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 02:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Takahashi

guys, if you could source me out a low KM, good engine for my bike i WILL keep it and ride it till i cant ride no longer!!!!

brveagle, is the wear on the cam cavaties bad though?, will my engine not crater shortly afteri start riding again?, to me it seems as if you clean it up bit it should be fine, the guy working on my bike said that i will lose oil pressure and my engine will destroy itself....

also, in the pictures, it's not burn marks, it's actual gouges or line's in the cams and head, there were metal flakes present....

I would buff those areas a little, put it back together and fire it up. If it didn't make noise I'd ride it til it did! He may be trying to "scare" you into letting him fix or replace it to make a killing off you (based on your price quotes). If you put it back together and it did only last 2000km so what THEN replace it. then again it may last 2 more years. That's why I like to try to learn as much about something I own so I can work on it myself. You save money, YOU know what's bad or not, and YOU can decide what to fix or not. The ONLY vehicle I've ever had that I don't work on is my wife's '04 Celica. Only thing I've had to do to it is change a headlight bulb once that took 45 minutes, the other is only taking it to dealer for oil changes.
Where are you from?

Old 03-08-2008, 02:09 AM

ORIGINAL: KRUSHER F3

I would buff those areas a little, put it back together and fire it up. If it didn't make noise I'd ride it til it did! He may be trying to "scare" you into letting him fix or replace it to make a killing off you (based on your price quotes). If you put it back together and it did only last 2000km so what THEN replace it. then again it may last 2 more years. That's why I like to try to learn as much about something I own so I can work on it myself. You save money, YOU know what's bad or not, and YOU can decide what to fix or not. The ONLY vehicle I've ever had that I don't work on is my wife's '04 Celica. Only thing I've had to do to it is change a headlight bulb once that took 45 minutes, the other is only taking it to dealer for oil changes.
Where are you from?
inspiring words, i'm from Calgary Alberta, Canada....

I just hope that he does not do something to hurt or harm the engine in the long run since he himself put the bike back together, it's a worry of mine now....

it did not make any obscene noises of any sort, no lack in power, nothing....

all it wanted to do was run hard and pull the front end up when i got on it....

Old 03-08-2008, 08:48 AM

The gouges could just be from the cam bolts being loose. I really think that if you put it back together it's not going to give you any problems. Alot of mechanics like to use the scare tactic and tell you that can fix it all for xxxx amount of dollars.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:17 AM

inspiring words, i'm from Calgary Alberta, Canada....

I just hope that he does not do something to hurt or harm the engine in the long run since he himself put the bike back together, it's a worry of mine now....

it did not make any obscene noises of any sort, no lack in power, nothing....

all it wanted to do was run hard and pull the front end up when i got on it....

I figured you were in Canada since you asked for a "low km engine". Heck If you were closer (Alabama, USA) I would come help you put it back together for a pizza and a coke (I don't drink beer)!

Old 03-08-2008, 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: brveagle

The gouges could just be from the cam bolts being loose. I really think that if you put it back together it's not going to give you any problems. Alot of mechanics like to use the scare tactic and tell you that can fix it all for xxxx amount of dollars.

now that i think about it, he immediatly told me that it would cost a couple thousand to fix including two full days of labor, also, that if i decided not to fix it, that he would buy the bike off me for $1000-$1500, oh, and how apparently i will lose oil pressure to the top of my engine because of the gouges and how the cams can snap, etc, does this sound logical?...

i kindly told him to shove it....

Old 03-09-2008, 12:08 AM

how the hell are you gona lose oil pressure because of gouges?

Old 03-09-2008, 01:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

i asked him that and he gave me a total walk around and pointed to a little crevace....

contridicts itself too, i asked if there was a berring or bushing holding the cam in the head and he said no, and that it floats on a layer of oil....

ismell bull****, but personally, i think if he cleaned it up as he said and put it back together, it should last me a while yet....

THIS is where i keep wondering if he did something to the engine to cause it harm, or shorten it's life....

Old 03-09-2008, 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

i asked him that and he gave me a total walk around and pointed to a little crevace....

contridicts itself too, i asked if there was a berring or bushing holding the cam in the head and he said no, and that it floats on a layer of oil....

ismell bull****, but personally, i think if he cleaned it up as he said and put it back together, it should last me a while yet....

THIS is where i keep wondering if he did something to the engine to cause it harm, or shorten it's life....
Yeah like maybe he "cleaned" it too much then if it fails he'll say "see I told you!". I would have took it home tore apart and fixed it myself or had a buddy help. He would not have further touched my bike.

Quick Reply: My heart shattered today....