CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

mileage and stuff breaking

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mileage and stuff breaking

you guys all seem like u know alot more than i do about our bikes. so im curious the mileage that you have and when stuff starts to go wrong. i have a 99 with almost 30k now. should i worry about anything soon. im also the third owner so being that its a motorcycle im sure it was rode hard. THANKS!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mileage and stuff breaking

I'm got about the same mileage on my bike - and I KNOW that it's been ridden hard... it was raced for the first few years of it's life... then it was a track bike... now it's my LD and trackbike. She's been down and crashed and ran for hours at high rpm. Sure she burns a tiny ammount of oil, but nothing wrong with her. I still expect to double the current mileage with no real problems.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what maintence.. upgraded.. or parts have you replaced so far..

these bikes can go ALOT longer then people ride or know about.. mostly because they get crashed or sold because of money or time.. but 30k.. good time to look at spark plugs.. coils.. chain/sprockets..

how is the tranny.. how does the engine run.. carbs?

Old 03-13-2008, 08:40 AM

My 2000 F4 has a bit over 29K on her and this past fall I had the stock CCT replaced with a manual one-my was very bad. I had the plugs changed, fluids flushed, valves adjusted and the carbs sync'd. The bike runs great and I'm sure she has alot more miles to go. The clutch is one thing that will not last near as long as the engine, but that's no big deal.

Take care if it and stay up on the maintenance and she will run a long time to come.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:43 PM

it has a two bros carbon slip on, k&n, and suposed to have a dynojet jet kit but i cant really check less i tear it down. the bike runs great. idles strong. never runs very hot at all. he said it has a new clutch, it shifts smooth especially when i use the clutch. the only thing is (and im just guessing cuz its carburated.)when i start when its like 50 degrees out side. even with choke it takes a couple turn overs to stay running.(one time it took like 5) sound normal??? i mean this prolly wont help but i raced my buddies r6 with a 520 and intake and exhaust. 3rd gear drop at 55-60 and i caught up at 4th gear and passed when going into 5th. so i think it runs strong but i really appreciate the responses. since im prolly selling my car and just riding i wanna make sure im alright. lol O wuts the cct the cam chain tensioner? ive heard thats hard to do. and i heard youll hear a rattle and thats when you know its bad.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Chain/sprokets/tires/ and CCT is the biggest ones you will have to deal with. Do regular mainatance on er and they can go for ever.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:36 PM

you can definitely tell when the cct goes bad, it makes a lot of rattle noise, for me it was in the 3-5k rpm range. As for how hard it is to do, there is a post on here that shows a how to, if i get time ill find it for you. I did it myself and it didnt take but about an hour or two, not hard at all if you have the right tools.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:25 AM

i was wondering what that was...i usually only hear it when im cruisin from 4-6 k rpm. also i think its my front tire kinda squeaks when i first start. maybe needs lubrication?

Old 03-28-2008, 04:54 AM

is the squeak coming from the wheel or maybe its from the brakes? put it up on a stand and spin the wheel and listen. Anyhow, I have a 99F4 with 45,000 miles on her. Still runs strong. Did replace the CCT, no big deal with the right tools. Tires, chain, plugs, and general stuff. Valves were adjusted at around 30k. Gonna put in a jet kit and sync the carbs in the near future. No serious problems or failing parts to warn ya about.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:36 PM

cool thanks bro

Quick Reply: mileage and stuff breaking