CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Little Help please?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Help please?

aight guys..... first off.. i will tell you what happened...One of my friends decided it would be funny to put water in my gas tank.. haha yea that was funny...so after he did that... my bike would not start... so... i drained my gas tank, put fresh gas in it... and still nothing!!! i changed the spark plugs, and still nothing!! The engine tries to start.. it sounds strong but it just never turns over, the only thing that i can think of is that the power commander has shut off. but i am not sure, so if you have any suggestions that would be a great help! And i have no idea how to disengage the Power commander even if i had to... and by the way, the bike is a 02 cbr f4i 600! Thanks for your time!

Old 06-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Little Help please?

It shouldn't have anything to do with the power commander so don't bother taking it off just yet. The absolute first thing to do is get this "friend" on record saying he did it and that he thought it'd be funny. Then small claims court and finally goodies for the bike. Then kick his ***![:@]

Here's what would concern me about water in the tank -- water is a good deal heavier than gas and so it doesn't flow like gas when under high pressure going through the injectors. There is a possibility that your injectors are now crap. Generally a little bit of water (condensation that would normally be in gas) isn't going to affect your injectors but if he put in a lot of water then all bets are off. If you decide to remove the injectors (one at a time) in order to use the fuel pump to purge any water out of 'em then make sure the second the seals hit the air you put a thin coat of oil on them. It'll keep them from swelling. Also be careful when purging an injector -- it'll atomize gas and can shoot it under your skin -- trust me ... no good comes from that.

good luck -- and did I mention ... kick his ***!

Old 06-13-2006, 08:47 PM

Thank you!! i will try that! yea and if he wasn't a good friend, i would have kicked his ***...but he had no idea anything bad would happen... but yes he will pay for everything!! Thanks again!! good info!

Old 06-13-2006, 10:37 PM

he had no idea anything bad would happen?????? what kinda friends do you have??????

Old 06-14-2006, 07:23 PM

the ones that ride the short bus, is my guess.