CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

LED intergrated tail light help..no running light

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LED intergrated tail light help..no running light

Now that I know you guys don't think you're mistaken...

A running light is an amber light on all the time, and begins to flicker when switched to the turn signal. Do you guys not understand this?

I have never seen an LED taillight with integrated turn signals that has running lights. They don't exist. The light is either red, bright red, or one side is flashing amber.

Are we all sure we know what a, "running light" is?

Old 09-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Retired Administrator

The dim red light you speak of is called a running light by some. Tail light or what ever it is. The guy is saying he doesn't have tail light now. Or at least I hope I didn't assume wrong on this. He has a break light and turn signals, does not have the dim red tail light. Right?

Old 09-08-2007, 11:48 PM

Of course the intergrated LED light has a running light, its the dim red light you speak of, its bright red when the brake is applied and yellow binking lights when signaling. Anyway....I have no running lights even with the stock tail and stock signals...something is affecting the rear ever since I installed front flush mounts...the front does not have running lights nor is the running wire attached..this must be problem.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Banned

My mistake, I was thinking of markers!

Okay, now I'm on the same page. Did your tailight come with resistors? If they didn't, you still might need to use them. I found some in a box of parts I bought and I was told that in some cases, your LED's won't work right ormaybe at all if you haveLED's front and rear and don't use a resistor.

Maybe?

Old 09-09-2007, 09:49 AM

Yes the tail light did come with resistors...I didnt install them because I thought they were only for blinker speed...But my question is, why doesnt my stock tail light and signals have a running light now, like I said I re-installed them to see and nothing. I'm sending the light back and when I receive the new I'm going the bring my over to a honda mechanic nearby...he's done a lot of wiring jobs.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is your setup made with 12v led's? if thery're only 2v -5v, you might have damaged them by not using the resistor if your brake/taillight are two seperate circuts vs a voltage supressed single circut, so I guess my question is thatI'm not sure if your setup uses the same led's for brakesas it does fortail/running lights, or do they use seperate led's for brake, seperate for tail/running lights? Most are 2v setups with the resistor in the circut board pre installed, but some are not. I accidently blew my turn signals because I forgot to use the resistor and I had to replace all my led's for that indicator.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:29 AM

Well, I think the tail/brake are the same LED's and the signals are sepearte. But the new LED is being send back today...I'm pissed cuz I cant ride....I'm thinking of bying an undertail kit instead...I hate that black plastic under the tail...recommend anything?

Old 09-10-2007, 11:28 AM

I checked it one last time before shipping it out and I got it to work...I plugged the harness in the other way and it worked..simple solution I guess..thanks for help guys.