CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

LED Flush Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Flush Mounts

Hey guys,

I had a chance to instal my new LED Integrated tail last weekend. It went pretty well and I love it - will post pics soon, weather's crap now.

I also got a set of LED flushmount front turn signals. I am having a little trouble with the wiring though. I will be the first to admit I know little about wiring, I'd much rather hold a wrench then a pair of wire strippers. But I am trying to learn. Here's where it stands so far:

I removed the trim botharound the cluster andbehind the front forks, as well as the windscreen. I now have access to both nuts holding on the turn signals, as well as all 4 connectors. I have removed the stock right side turn and opened up the housing/removed the stock bulb.

I do not know the manufacturer of my LED turn signals (or the tail for that matter) but they are 2-wire setup. As far as I understand from a post in the how-to, if they are a 2-wire they are no longer running lights, only blinkers. If I want to make them running lights as well, I would have to solder in diodes.

At this point I just want to get them on as blinkers, and ride the bike. I will likely do diodes to keep them as running lights and possibly resistors to slow the blinking rate to stock this winter. But now, just getting the bike together again is the priority.

Question: Which wires do I need to solder into to make my LEDs be blinkers? And I do not know which lead from the LED board is positive/negative. I have one black lead and one yellow lead from the board.

Thanks for any help, pics, or diagrams you can provide. I know this can't be that difficult. But I did blow 2 10amp signal fuses now and I only have one more extra, so I can't keep using trial by error methods.

Thanks!

Old 04-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Default RE: LED Flush Mounts

Hey ya as far as it goes, the fronts should use the black/orange and black/blue, per side if I am not mistaken, I will check mine when I get home. As for the fuse, you are running LED's, which have a lot less resistance, due to the fact that they are LEDs, so you will run alot more current, hence you will burn out fuses. Ive got LEDs just like you, plus in turn signal. I think i am running a 15 or 20amp, just buy a couple and see what doesnt burn out. Ill let ya know on the signals, but if I remember right those are the combos. Let me know. Peace

Old 04-03-2008, 10:45 PM

I just put them on my bike.

In order to make them work as running lights you will need to do is go down to radio shack and get you some diodes. You'll need 4 of them. In5400 I believe is what I used.. I tried to solder every thing on but it was just a pain in the *** so I used the butt connector method haha. But you'll need to put the diodes on your power wires and the connect the two power wires from your bike to the one on the flush mount. If you want to use resistors you can, if you don't the blinker rate will speed up. It wasn't really a problem for me so I just left them with out resistors.

I'm willing to put money down that the black will be the negative wire too..

Old 04-03-2008, 10:52 PM

On your LED's, the black is ground and yellow is power. Just installed a set on the rear of my bike with the same wire combo.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:06 AM

Yeah the yellow will be power and black is ground on the lights. Do not install a bigger fuse-that will only make more porblems. If you are blowing fuse's then you are hoking something up wrong.

I too have the intergator and love it so does everyone else that sees it. Mine blinks fast, but it don't bother me so I'll just leave it.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:55 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the info. I will look into when I get a second and let you know. I'll post up some pics. Nice weather is on the way! Can't wait.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:33 PM

Im going to have to disagree on the fuses. By voltage laws V=IR where voltage equals current times resistance. Now led bulbs have much less resistance than standard incandescent bulbs, but voltage is the same, so you will be running more current. Hence, if the fuse cant handle it, it will blow. I replaced all my standard with leds, and kept blowing fuses. If you go to a higher rated fuse (one that handles more current before it breaks), it wont blow. All defined by ohms law of electricity.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:35 PM

Thats why it flashes faster as well.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you have the blinkers hooked up they are going to blink faster than DOT rate. Follow this link to www.baysideperformance.com and get this $25 universal flasher relay. I have LED's front and back. You just unplug your OEM relay and plug this one in and it will bring your signals back to DOT flash rate.

http://www.baysideperformance.com/in...oducts_id=5196