CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Im a Honda addict & this is my F4

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im a Honda addict & this is my F4

Hey guys first off I'm honna say I'm a Honda addict. I have problem and I know this lol. I've got a civic with a built GSR engine and when I decided I wanted a bike there was only one choice for me lol.
Anyway this is my new baby 2000 CBR F4 with an F4i front end.

Name:  fdXwx.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  27.1 KB

Name:  uF1VI.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  43.2 KB

Name:  pLmgv.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  42.8 KB

She has about 16,6XX miles don't remember exactly since I'm at school an she needs a little work. First shes salvaged due to front end damage but I got a prepurchase inspection at a pretty good shop over in San Francisco and they said everything's straight and firm. Just need some extra part here and there, bolts, screws, a bracket, rear brakes soon, and they said CBRs get valve adjustments every 16,000 so I'll have to get on that soon. I have experience with rebuilding engines, specifically the build GSR engine in my civic so valve adjustments and other little things shouldn't be a problem just need to find one places to get oem or oem spec parts cheap. Thanks for the warm welcome in the New Members section. Glad to be here!

Old 09-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good looking bike. Don't sweat the 16K valve inspection. Most F4's don't even need adjustment at that interval. Mine didn't even need it at 32K. But yes, you def should check the spec anyway.

Looks good w/ the split-seat conversion as well. ;-)

Old 09-13-2012, 11:58 PM

Thanks haha. Yeah I'll give her a check up this weekend. If valve adjustments are the same as my Gsr engine then it should be no problem lol. Also I didn't even realize it had the f4i split seat till I got there and asked him about it. For some reason the back seat won't come off when I turn the key so i was wondering if that's a common problem when the conversions done improperly? The owner seemed confused as to why it wouldn't open as well, stating that it didnt do that before, but that may have been a lie lol. I'll probly just check out ur DIY when I'm not on my iPhone as well to see exactly how this is done.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

Hey I'm over in Hayward! There's an awesome shop in fremont that has the best labor rates I've seen. A great shop website for oem parts is honda4u. They have the cheapest prices I've seen and if your making a trip to la you can pick it up nothing two days as long as you can go into the dealer. And as far as the tail seat. If you take off the main seat you cam work your hand back there and feel the cable. The latch is in the back of the seat.

Come the 20th ill be in town and after that I'll be gone but near a comp for a few months. If you need any help shoot me a pm and we can work it out! Hopefully when I get back I will have enough kick around money, I'll get a second engine and start building this one up.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:01 AM

Hey sweet, I live less than a mile from hayward haha and I used to go to chabot before transferring to San Jose State. We should kick it sometime. Yeah I've been doing research for the past couple hours and I'm gonna try to get the rear seat off tomorrow and see if the cable broke or something. Also what brake rotors and pads would you recommended? I don't know all the good motorcycle brands yet but I don't plan to track the bike right now so just some good quality brakes, I'm willing to spend a little extra for some better braking since my life may depend on it some day

Old 09-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MistahJuice
...Also I didn't even realize it had the f4i split seat till I got there and asked him about it. For some reason the back seat won't come off when I turn the key so i was wondering if that's a common problem when the conversions done improperly? ...
Nah, not a "common" problem w/ the conversion, just a loose or unconnected key lock cable. Like CJ said, you can access the cable to release the seat. A coat hanger will usually work best.

For brakes: I highly recommend the factory Honda brake pads...excellent quality. Unless you want to spend big bucks for aftermarket rotors, the factory Honda rotors are very good as well.

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-14-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: ETA
Old 09-14-2012, 12:54 PM

Awesome bike man. Love the F4i front cowl and split seat look. I had a problem with my seat latch when I first got my bike. Just look for the latch and get a coat hanger like gotcbr said. The owner before me did the conversion and didn't hook anything up to open the seat so the cable was just hanging there. I just got a wire, made a loop and it hangs behind my license plate. All I do is pull it and its up.

In terms of brake pads and rotors, I've seen a lot of people say the stock ones are more then good enough. Or you can go with upgrades like the Braking SK2 or STX rotors and SM1 brake pads. Go to like motorcycle-superstore.com or kneedraggers.com and check out what they have. It all depends what you need. I just put on new stock rotors and pads and they've been perfect for my "spirited" riding

Old 09-14-2012, 03:25 PM

Yeah got the seat off a couple hours ago. turned out to just be the cable popped out of its bracket. OEM it is, seems to be the constant with Honda parts. Oem tends to be what I end up going with lol. I'm pretty sure theres a Honda/Kawasaki/Yamaha dealership near by so I'll call em up and see if they've got them in stock. Thanks guys!

Old 09-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

I have a set of rotors for the F4 I'd sell to you, If your interested just PM me. they are in good shape and If you want them my only qualm is that Im gonna be outta town after the 20th. I sold the brake pads so I cant hook you up with that.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:16 AM

Fasho pm sent.

Quick Reply: Im a Honda addict & this is my F4