CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Im getting a vibration, need some ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im getting a vibration, need some ideas

getting some vibration at 6.5 to 7.5 grand give or take, Im prety sure i need a valve adjustment, and my cam chain tensioner is probably shot, yes i will be getting a a.p.e one soon, but I dont think that is the vibration problem, its not something i feel in the handlebars, but it can get loud, louder than the motor or exhaust noise, and its a pain it the ***. Back when I took the tank off for the first time, I thought I saw a washer fall into the motor area, but not sure, and I dont see that being the problem, every once in a while it will stop
starting to get worried, might order a valve shim kit and manual c/c tensioner, but I dont see that fixing the problem, also read some old threads about balance shaft adjusting, but that was for a older bike, and not even sure the f4 has that...... someone help...lol

Old 05-12-2010, 11:45 PM
I Can't Sell Because I'm Hardheaded
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 42k on my f4i motor and the valve shims need to be done insanely bad... I have crazy vibrations from it as well... like makes my hands numb from it. Kinda makes me wonder how far out of spec they are... Plus im sure my cam chain tensioner is bad too.... need to really work on it. Only reason I dont ride my bike far is because I get fatigued from the vibrations...

Old 05-13-2010, 01:00 AM

im getting no handlebar vibration tho, so idk wtf ...lol

Old 05-13-2010, 02:12 PM

check your tire balance, i threw a weight from my front tire and was gettin a hella vibration.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:24 PM

x2 if your tires are not balanced right it can cause bad vibes....my car had a badly balances tire and it was so bad I thought the bearings were shot, when I got new tires all was good.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:54 AM

its definatly not in the tires, it is only at high rpm's, I may have found the problem, Im going to go for a ride tomorrow and see if i fixed it.

if your tires are causing vibration, I wouldnt be doing any agressive riding

Old 05-14-2010, 07:12 AM

Not true, I only felt it above 60mph.. why not just get em balanced its a cheap fix.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:43 AM

well I just put a new set of tires on about 20 miles ago, and Had them balanced when installed, so balancing them again is not going to fix my vibration. I can be at a stop and rev the motor and still get the vibration.

I noticed that my chain has streched abnormally fast, probably due to the fact that the bike sat for a long time before I re built it. I adjusted the chain, which went from properly adjusted to hella loose in a week, and some of the vibration went away??? weird right... well the counter shaft sprocket cover is mangled and has cracks, and I believe it was plastec vibrating on plastic, so I removed it, and will go for a ride later today to see if that was in fact the vibration source.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:50 PM

how about the fork stems? my friend has a 2007 rr and it says to adjust and tighten at , i think 10,000 miles, are the f4's the same? they do say on the rr's it will cause a vibration.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:28 AM

Im not getting vibration in the bars, Im going to have the bike all apart this week hope I can find it then

Quick Reply: Im getting a vibration, need some ideas