CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

I NEED HELP GUYS, I shoulda left it alone

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: I NEED HELP GUYS, I shoulda left it alone

My F2 has 2 hoses from my petcock, one of them is from the tank to the carbs and the other is a drain I think, it just leads down in front of the swingarm and doesn't connect to anything.

Is your bike running?

Old 08-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no and i think its because of that one hose, where does it connect!?

Old 08-23-2007, 03:21 PM

help!

Old 08-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Take a picture dude, no idea what hose you're talking about!

Just look all over for a place to put it lol

Old 08-23-2007, 04:15 PM

where do the hoses go that came off of the gas tank, the bottom...........there are two besides the one that connects to the fuel

Old 08-23-2007, 10:01 PM

Hi, it sounds to me like you haven't reattached all the vaccum hoses as has been said above as i've done this before and my bike ran badly for it too with the backfiring and such. Also the 2 other hoses comming off the fuel tank are the fuel tank breather and the drainage hose, just make sure they aren't kinked when you route them. They go down to the bottom of your left side fairing where there's a little loop in the plastic, this is to put these hoses through to hold in place. But i'd more than likely say that one of the 4 vaccum hoses aren't connected by the sound of things. They connect to the back of the air box at the bottom on 4 little spike like bits of plastic and should have a metal clip on each to hold it on. Also check that your carbs are fully on and the clamps around the hoses going to the engine are correctly fitted and that the connection to the airbox is also correctly seated. As for the fuel valve as long as it's switched to on it's fine. Hope that helps.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:52 AM

**** well I'll tell ya I didnt even take the carbs off, I did nothing but take the filter off, clean it and moved one of the sliders on the carbs to see what the hell it was, I'm new to the carbs on bikes situation, would that effect the carb at all, the bike will not start and I have no idea what the hell I did. I really didnt take anything else apart, I guess I should take it to a shop, cause really I have no friggin clue what I did to this damn thing. This sucks ***..................I'm a new found f4 lover, and my bike was the fastest 600 around the city before this bull**** happend, I really have no clue how to figure out what is wrong, tomorrows pay day, i guess take her to the shop.....Or have my mastermind buddy come over............whatever thanks guys, if anyone else has any idea what happend, help a brother out..........like i said, its backfiring and wont start. Thanks anyone around the central new york area, i have cash if someone would help.

I'm off the bed with the girl, talk to you ***** tomorrow when im sober at work

Old 08-24-2007, 02:25 AM

So the three hoses are the main fuel line, a breather hose, and a drain hose from the runoff part around the gas tank filler hole. There were also a couple wires for the fuel light. Did you check to see if the main line or breather hose are pinched or bent at all? That could cause less gas to get to the engine when needed.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:57 AM

Is this a vacum operated petcock on that bike? If so then you should have a vacum line on the petcock as well as a larger fuel line. Maybe the petcock diaphram is shot, this happend to my 900RR and it would not flow fuel for **** as there wasn't enough vacum to suck it open because it had a tear in it. Just a thought, if it has a fuel pump then never mind.

As stated, if you can take a picture or 5 of what you have going on we can help more.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:23 PM

I'm going to get into the spark plugs and go from there, what is the easiest way to get them out. I believe I need a smaller extension or a swivel, they are a bitch!

Quick Reply: I NEED HELP GUYS, I shoulda left it alone