CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Hi all

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi all

Hi all, Name is Rob. Just decided a few months back to get my first bike. Some history on myself. I'm 3o years old and have had my Motorcycle license for about 9 maybe even 10 years now. Prior Military and being busy keep me from buying a bike. But now that i'm Back in my home town of Miami Fl i went for it. I got a used 99 CBR F4 600. It needs some love and I ended up paying maybe a few hundred over what i probably should have paid :P Got it on Craiglist for 1200 when the guy was asking for 1500. Anyway I'm pretty happy with the bike it runs pretty good. i got a new rear tire and a new radiator. After checking the breaks and fuel lines it seems like it had a crappy owner. And that's me being kind.. After letting it run the first day i got it i noticed it would over heat and turn off. The new radiator running with the old fan seem to have fixed that problem. I do have a minor issue and I'm going to be trouble shooting it for the next month or two. But maybe someone can just point me in the right direction from the get go. Me and my older brother have been doing maintenance on the bike for a couple weeks now. The only problem we have now is that it tries to stall when hitting the throttle while the bike has been on idle. The problem was really bad but when we raised the Idle to about 1300/1400 it has fixed it for the most part. The bike is barley miss firing now, but i can still feel it slightly stuttering. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We are going to do the plugs next. Also still trying to burn the old gas out of the tank. i will also be posting pictures of my new Foster baby soon :P