CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I was riding my bike to work today and all was well until suddenly it started bogging down like it wasnt getting gas. I turned around and headed back home giving the bike almost full throttle, the rpms registered near 6, but there was no power. THe exhaust also sounded really throaty. Finally the bike quit running all together before I got home and is now sitting in a parking lot. I assume it is a carburator problem. Can anyone offer any help??? THanks in adavance.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Default RE: Help

sounds like it could be a variety of things. i need some more info though. so, its in a lot now. does it fire up? idle okay? rev when your on the throtle? how about when you were shifting through the gears etc? can you hop on and get it rolling again? your clutch could be slipping and need a rebuild. Cam Chain Tensioner may have failed too...but that might not be it either. Post more about the problem with respect to the above questions.

Old 05-18-2007, 05:37 PM

It does not start. It turns over, but it will not start. After it stalled originally it started back up and I was able to ride it a little while back toward home, but it eventuallydied out. When it was going I had the gas on full throttle in third gear, the rpms registered around 5, but I was going 35 mph. I had to get to work so I couldnt mess with it. It is acting like it isnt getting gas. Maybe the carbs need to be cleaned. Does the bike have a fuel filter that could be clogged? Would bad spark plugs cause it to sputter?

Old 05-18-2007, 09:40 PM

yes on the filter it is under the tank next to the fuel pump ,by the shut off valve. is the gas old or did you just get new gas? check the flow out of the line to the carbs . fuel pump out?