CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Headlight fairing stay

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight fairing stay

The PO of my bike did an f4i conversion on the gauges and down to the injection system, but left the f4 fairings on there. He somehow managed to the the f4 headlight fairing onto the f4i stay, but those fairing were cracked. I bought new f4 fairings and can't fit them.

I've found an upper stay on ebay for a reasonable amount. Looking at the fiche, I can't tell if there is also a mainstay that goes with it or if it bolts directly to the frame. The picture on ebay almost looks like it would bolt straight to the frame. Does anyone know? I also have the f4i mainstay if it will attach to that.

If this doesn't work out, does anyone know of a way to get the f4 fairing on the f4i stay? I would also gladly trade my f4i stays with someone who has the f4 stays and wants to convert over.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:35 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

The F4 Fairing Stay is a one piece design. In the link you provided, the photo is not of a stay for the F4, however, I have heard of that company making replacement fairing stays. So, purchase at your own risk.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:18 AM

Thanks for the heads up. After contacting the seller and manufacturer, that was indeed a replacement stay for an F4i. At least I now know that in my search for a stay I only need to find one piece instead of two.