CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Has anyone got the undertail with the 2 builtin circle LED's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Has anyone got the undertail with the 2 builtin circle LED's?

I'm looking for the same thing and I have a quick question. Is the tailight for the F4 and F4i the same? On eBay pretty much all of the tailights are adertised as F4/F4i tailights. I just wanted to make sure with you guys rather than trusting some eBayer who may not know..

Old 07-20-2008, 12:34 PM

when I was looking for a tail light I was told the F4i would not fit.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:25 PM

I am a new rider and just got a 2000 cbr600. It came with exactundertail as the first pic posted (round tail lights). The lights are very very hard to see, I had a friend follow me on his bike during the day and he could hardly see my signal lights. He was able tomake outmy brake lights but not very well at all. In my opinion I would not consider them very safe. I am actually considering looking into something more easier for people to see. They are very bright in the evening, but I will probably be doing most of my riding back and forth to work during the day. Hope this helps??!

Old 08-17-2008, 12:00 PM

Go with the second pic on this forum. I added that light to my bike after reading this forum and I absolutely love it. You can get it off eBay for around $70 shipped which is a great price compared to others. But if you do that then you'll have to get a new undertail cause I don't think your current undertail will accomodate the new one...

Old 04-10-2009, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by gmay00
I'm looking for the same thing and I have a quick question. Is the tailight for the F4 and F4i the same? On eBay pretty much all of the tailights are adertised as F4/F4i tailights. I just wanted to make sure with you guys rather than trusting some eBayer who may not know..
(I previously posted as hackman84)
The question about whether the tail lights are the same or not depends on what year the F4i is. From 01-03, Honda added a split seat and changed the tail light to accommodate that new feature. In 04, they decided to make the 600rr their new racing bike and the F4i the midrange sportbike, so they went back to the old banana seat from the F4 and revived that tail light. So if you're going to buy a tail light for an F4 and it says it fits the F4i only, it will fit if it fits F4i's from 04 on, but not if it's made for F4i's from 01-03

Old 04-10-2009, 02:34 PM

DO NOT buy the bullet style undertail. You'll like it at first
because it gives you that clean look, but then you got people that can't
see your lights, and most of all out of nowhere,
the leds' will start going out. One by one. Dont waste your money on them,
if anything get the stock looking one with the led's in it, or stick with
the stock taillight all together.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:00 AM

I have the intergrated taillight 2nd pic i love it and have gotten many compliments....hackman where did you get the light up frame sliders?

Old 04-12-2009, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Omarlito21
I have the intergrated taillight 2nd pic i love it and have gotten many compliments....hackman where did you get the light up frame sliders?

The frame sliders are made by Diamond Powersports - you should be able to get them on most aftermarket websites. They're nice because at night they have both a running light and a brighter blinker light, but unfortunately you really can't see them during the day so they wouldn't make for a very good substitution for your regular signals. Here is a no-flash picture of the bike at night. Name:  P7240123.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  25.0 KB
Here is a link to some of the frame sliders on Bike Bandit - http://www.bikebandit.com/product/16...=1064&t=1&td=1

Apparently, Diamond Powersports was recently bought by the Golden Dragon food and export company... so I don't know if that has any bearing on the fact that the ones for the 99 F4 are on clearance. Either way, they're pretty sweet. You can get them in red, blue, green, white and amber, of which the amber is the only street legal color. Part of the reason I chose that one. Plus it matches the bike color scheme pretty well. When I got the sliders, they were available for a wide selection of bikes. Hope that helps.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:20 PM

i have the undertail you want. i like it

Attached Thumbnails  Has anyone got the undertail with the 2 builtin circle LED's?-3ke3p83l1zzzzzzzzz93n467a20eaf66c10ba.jpg  
Old 04-13-2009, 11:52 AM

I know the OP was made like a year ago but for anyone else new to this whole thing...
I was riding behind my friend's f4i the other day, he's got the round tail light style undertail...you absolutely can't see signals or brake lights worth a **** during the day. My advice, get an led integrated tail light and use the appropriate fender eliminator...those things are super bright and big enough to see yet still look great.

I got a smoked f4i led integrated tail(split seat tail on my f4) with the artifibras undertail, kinda the same idea, and it's very bright.

go here:
http://stores.ebay.com/PIMPBIKE-UNDERTAILS and check out the f4 undertail

look up ebay 120401415914 for a good price on a nice led tail light. that's what I had on my f4 when I bought it and it was insane bright

Quick Reply: Has anyone got the undertail with the 2 builtin circle LED's?