CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Has anyone got the undertail with the 2 builtin circle LED's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone got the undertail with the 2 builtin circle LED's?

I know the title may not make much sense but I'm thinking about either getting the LED integrated brake light (with signals integrated in with yellow LED's) or just getting this:

It's only $109+10 shipping on eBay and the integrated brake/signal LED's will be about $80+ and looks like this:

I like the stock shaped LED lights but then I have another problem: the under tail section will look all ugly. I am thinking about just putting a few more bucks into it and getting then entire undertail but don't know what the LED's look like. It says signals are built in but they don't show it lit up so I dunno if the red circular LED's turn yellow or what. I want to make sure its easily visible. Any down sides to getting the entire undertail when its painted like that? Is it hard to keep grime and stuff off of it?

Old 04-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Default RE: Has anyone got the undertail with the 2 builtin circle LED's?

I kinda wondered the same thing. I like stock tail light and was looking for undertail that works with stock taillight. But no luck

Old 04-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Her is a link to one off of eBay that will work with the stock tail light
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWDVW

Here is a pick of mine before I did the F4i split seat conversion with the integrated taillight. IMO I think it looks a lot better than the bullet ones.
Name:  P4210485.jpg
Views: 1787
Size:  174.3 KB

Old 04-17-2008, 09:45 PM

if you do the whole undertail then you will also have to look at getting a hugger for the rear tire.. they range from 50 to 100 bucks i think... i'm looking at redoing my tail also and have to decide which route to go

Old 04-18-2008, 06:26 PM

I done that under tail with a hugger and made a axle mount license bracket. the break lights are not the best on this under tail but the blinkers are better then you think they would be all N all not a bad buy.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22772/2976EB55A5004094A2293DC858F7610F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-21-2008, 12:28 PM

i have an f4i tail conversion on mine and use the 2 separat led integrated style (its a hotbodies)
and my step dad has the stock 99 f4 rear and uses the unified integrated led kit. i like mine better (naturally) but dont dislike his. both have turn signals that are difficult to see in daylight. you may want to consider a an integration kit for your stock light too. good luck

Old 04-21-2008, 10:00 PM

There's an integration kit for the stock tail light?

Old 05-10-2008, 01:07 AM

I have the tail light in question and I couldn't be happier with the results. I like the smoked out look it gives when it's off and how much it cleans up the rear end of the bike. I also like the look of this particular unit a hell of a lot better than the one you can get from Clear Alternatives - that one is basically bright white when it's off and I'm just not so into that (cwmc29's posted picture has the Clear Alternatives tail light with the undertail example I have shown later). Here's a couple pictures of mymotorcycle with the tail light, a competition werkes fender eliminator, an ART high mount andonized aluminum tail pipe, and a second look tank skin. The LEDs are actually a lot easier to see in the daylight than the first picture makes it seem - trick of the camera on a really bright day.

I really like the look a hell of a lot better than the bullet undertails and I think that you'll like the results too. There are a couple of other undertails that you can get to cover up the ugly bits and they keep the stock tail light. Here's an example of one of them:

I am planning on going that route when I have the money.

As for your second question about keeping the grime off the undertail once it's all nice and pretty: yes, it is a bitch to keep clean. You'll want to get a rear tire hugger in order to protect your new piece of plastic from grime and rock damage.

Also - there are a bunch of different ways to integrate the blinkers into the stock tail light - some involve tearing the tail light unit apart and putting an LED integrator board in, and others just involve a separate unit that uses the stock bulbs. For the separate unit, it basically makes the two bulbs in the stock tail light act as the running and stop lights as usual, but each bulb will blink independently to act as turn signals as well.

If you would like to see the tail light in action (along with the rest of my fully LED bike) at night then view this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzq_AhhM-k8

Old 07-18-2008, 05:09 PM

Ok I have the typical bullet style tail lights and ordered an integrated tail
Its this onehttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Moto...3756.m14.l1318

Now how do I install it as I can't figure out how to mount it since the bullet lights and part of the tray are in the way. Its probably a stupid question but I'm lost

Old 07-19-2008, 05:39 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWDVW

I especially like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

Quick Reply: Has anyone got the undertail with the 2 builtin circle LED's?