CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

GROW UPPPPPPPP

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 04:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GROW UPPPPPPPP

Why do people feel the need to have to talk down to others on this forum when they post something? Who cares if it's a pointless post? Who cares if no one responds. Everyone on this forum has the right to post what they want, where they want without having to fear what kind of comments they may receive. Come on people, plain and simple, grow up. Stop calling people "retards". How's that sound?? Now, if for some reason there is a rule/guideline of this site being broken, let the webmasters and higerups deal with it. That's just my two cents....anyone else have anything else to say???

Old 08-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: GROW UPPPPPPPP

I'll just say that this is probably directed towards me, and that I only ever call somebody an idiot when they really really give me the impression that they need to be told.

It's in their best interest, and not an ego thing.

Take for example superstar wheelie kid that wrecked his bike and posted 2 threads in all capital letters back to back asking for help on what to do with the bike he bunged up. It's clear that this kid needs to settle the hell down and learn how to ride before he gets back out there and rubs himself out on the back of a k-liner!

Old 08-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whoops, he made FOUR threads in a row, all in capital letters, and all saying the same thing. And those are his only posts on the forum.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:01 AM

I am not sure if there is a recent thread that led you to post this, but let me add my .02cents.

This site has become flooded with people that have no business on bikes, some of themshouldnt even be on theinternet.it has gotten to the point, that I get so upset everytime I come here, that I frequent less and less.
IMO, there is a certain maturityand responsiblity that come with riding. quite literally, Your life depends on it. I could go on and on, but let me emphasize your point,
there are many, many people on this board that need to grow up.

It has gotten so bad, this site has been nicknamed "squidforum" .com by several peopleon other sites.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:05 AM

Some people need to be told. Especially if you post accomplishments like "wheelie next to soccer mom" and "150mph" that make the sport bike community look irresponsible. I'll call you a retard if you're newb and you lay it down doing something stupid. There are enough things on the road- gravel, sand, pot holes- that can take you out already.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:07 AM

"there is a certain maturityand responsiblity that come with riding. quite literally, Your life depends on it."

Right on. Also, other people's lives depend on having the maturity not to be a squid in traffic.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: allenpa5

Everyone on this forum has the right to post what they want, where they want without having to fear what kind of comments they may receive.
If they post things like running top speed on public roads, or stunting around other motorists then they are idiots and I'm going to continue to remind them of that.If you post **** (like you just did) on a public forum then you're fair game. Other people will tell you how they feel about it.

I have two pieces of advice to help you through these difficult times,

1. Get over it

2. Get over yourself

Old 08-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: allenpa5

Everyone on this forum has the right to post what they want, where they want without having to fear what kind of comments they may receive.
If they post things like running top speed on public roads, or stunting around other motorists then they are idiots and I'm going to continue to remind them of that.If you post **** (like you just did) on a public forum then you're fair game. Other people will tell you how they feel about it.

I have two pieces of advice to help you through these difficult times,

1. Get over it

2. Get over yourself
amen brother

Old 08-19-2007, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: krash

I am not sure if there is a recent thread that led you to post this, but let me add my .02cents.

This site has become flooded with people that have no business on bikes, some of themshouldnt even be on theinternet.it has gotten to the point, that I get so upset everytime I come here, that I frequent less and less.
IMO, there is a certain maturityand responsiblity that come with riding. quite literally, Your life depends on it. I could go on and on, but let me emphasize your point,
there are many, many people on this board that need to grow up.

It has gotten so bad, this site has been nicknamed "squidforum" .com by several peopleon other sites.
Agreed. It's getting tiring reading through all the useless threads on this forum, ie. this one.