CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Got ran off the road today!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Track junkie & modaholic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Got ran off the road today!

Man what an experience. All I can say is thank god I was wearing my gear I walked away without any bruises and minor rash, I wouldn't even call it road rash cuz Ive had worse on my bicycle. unfortunately I wish I could say the same about my bike.

What happend is I was on my lunch break and there is this great taqueria at the end of a windey road; its a two lane road up the hill and one lane down. On the way up Im turning right and the guy (or gal, cuz who knows right) comes into my lane and as I exit they dont leave my lane. I bounced off the truck, veered to to the right hit the curb over corrected and low sided on the left.

Anywho, the person didn't bother to stop and see if I was alright. they person behind me stopped and help me clean up and offered to give me a ride back. Gotta love trucks. I'm not sure who is at fault? Me cuz I struck the car or the car for encroaching in my lane. I know it runs cuz I started it up before I stopped to question the coolant leaking from the alternator cover. and the radiator is still alive with no leaks just a bit of rash and dings.

So without further adieu:

Well thats what stopped the great lunch.

Radiator shows no leaks.

Saddly the fame did eat it a bit

Damn it didn't want to replace the ram air duct cover.

was plannin on Selling the Upper cowl

Well now I have another reason to replace the clipons, and no the bar end doesnt come out.

Damn it.

Not sure if the frame slider did it job definitely gonna spring for the vortex frame sliders?

I love this jacket and it apparently loves me too.

thats the worst I got and at 15+ mph. Yet another reason to always wear your gear.

Shoe covered in coolant.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow.. Glad you are relatively okay. Too badthe SOB didn't pull over to even check if you were alive or not...

Old 11-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

thanks and I was more glad to not be hurt as bad as I could be.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear about this. Glad you are ok.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for your luck, But if you or the person behind you got the make, model and maybe a partial plate you have a good chance it not being your fault as they took off. Hopefully you find the F#ckers

Old 11-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you're ok! That's the main thing. I know its no consolation but it could always be worse.

Your necessary repairs don't seem to be too bad. I had to replace my L side ram air cover after a 3ft asphalt roofing single came off the back of a truck & impacted it straight on. Since my R side one was cracked too, I bought both & replaced 'em. Your front fairing just looks like paint damage. If that's the case, fine grit sandpaper will smooth out the scratches & factory touch up paint from Motorcycle Paint - ColorRite will make it look good again. Were you getting a new fairing kit anyway? The other items should be relatively easy fixes.

Again, glad you're ok. Hang in there.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

They should be here sometime next week. got the playboy fairings with all the decals removed, I got a make and model and the guy who stopped got the first three digits of the plate and we filed a report. A lot of the stuff that got wrecked I had plans of replacing. I didn't even have the lower fairings on, I never put them back on after I intalled the CCT. So about those frame sliders... Anyone else have that happen to them?

Old 11-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

Yea they snapped right off, I was freaking out cuz I saw something fly off my bike out of the corner of my eye and when I found the piece I just laughed.

Why you don't mess with eBay frame slides - YouTube

Last edited by CJardine; 11-15-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Adding content
Old 11-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The question I have is whether or not that frame slider is actually Delrin or cheap plastic?

Old 11-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the collision occurred in your lane, they're at fault. They're not supposed to be in your lane after all

Quick Reply: Got ran off the road today!