CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F4 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4-18/)
-   -   Fuel pump quits under load (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f4-18/fuel-pump-quits-under-load-120471/)

nickels 01-25-2011 09:00 PM

Fuel pump quits under load

the fuel pump works if i unhook it and theres no fuel packed in the lines but as soon as it fills up the fuel pump will quit....

my question is does anyone know of a way to fix it

nickels 01-26-2011 12:53 PM

anybody know what the wires are that go to the bottom of the tank? Do i need them hooked up for the pump to run?:icon_shrug:

splashofpaint 01-26-2011 01:03 PM

the 2 wires are for your low fuel light and no there not need for the fuel pump to run

nickels 01-26-2011 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by splashofpaint (Post 1007892)
the 2 wires are for your low fuel light and no there not need for the fuel pump to run

thank you sir

fiddy_nutz 01-26-2011 01:32 PM

I ran my F4 all summer without a fuel pump, you notice on very low gas but other than that couldn't tell the difference.

nickels 01-31-2011 12:19 PM

well i guess its all good now.....it either fixed itself or my battery was just too low at the time when i was messing with it....didnt cross my mind bcuz the bike started great....

long story short i was gonna use the battery for the gs550 i was building so the battery was on a charger a few times when i was starting the gs550 so it proly got the juice back it needs to run everything good

Logical_Apocalypse 01-31-2011 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by fiddy_nutz (Post 1007902)
I ran my F4 all summer without a fuel pump, you notice on very low gas but other than that couldn't tell the difference.

When my fuel pump died last summer the bike would leave me stranded on the side of the road with a full fuel tank. So forgive me if i'm a bit skeptical.

nickels 02-01-2011 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Logical_Apocalypse (Post 1009605)
When my fuel pump died last summer the bike would leave me stranded on the side of the road with a full fuel tank. So forgive me if i'm a bit skeptical.

on gravity feed? you proly got a line kinked and dont know it....yesterday i bolted the tank back on so i could get the seat on and get a learning sesh goin for my gal....well didnt know it but my line was kinked so it didnt let any fuel pass....after i road for a minute she took it up and down the driveway without a hitch, but later i went back out to let my dad hear it for the first time and it wouldnt run off idle...i went inside to just chill/think and it hit me so i checked and it was kinked fo sho

Turbulenz 02-01-2011 09:13 AM

be careful when it 'fixes itself'. My fuel pump woul die randomly.. maybe every 400-500 miles and it would die.. eventually it would restart.. usually it is the contacts in the top.. IDODirt (I think that is his name) did a how to you can use to repair the contacts.. but after it happened three times I just went with a new pump.. almost 2000 miles later no more issues... <knock wood>

fiddy_nutz 02-02-2011 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Logical_Apocalypse (Post 1009605)

I eliminated the fuel pump completely by taking it out and hooking the tank to the carbs. The fuel pump will never leave me stranded again. And when I said it only effected things on a low tank I mean like having a half gallon left and even then it only cut out under hard accelaration.