CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

F4i conversion on 2000 F4

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone needs a 01-03 battery tray let me know...it is cut for an integrated tail/fender eliminator/undertail tho. I put on the artfibras undertail that has the battery tray molded so I don't need the tray anymore.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

I was asked about "fitting" of the battery tray. Really, there is *no* fitting of the battery tray, so to speak. Just like on your F4 model, the F4i battery tray snaps into place at the front by two tabs/slots that are already on the tray just in front of the battery at the bottom edge. They snap right onto the subframe rail. Pretty self-explanatory really.

As for the rear of the tray, hopefully you still have the two mounting holes (one on ea side) to mount to the subframe. Some folks get over-anxious & cut these off when they do FE's. Don't fret if they are cut off...you can still use the tray. You'll just have to secure it to the subframe in another manner...like zipties. It won't be pretty but nobody will know but you.

Also, I was asked if a factory battery tray was even really necessary. NO, its not really necessary...especially if you plan to do an FE anyway. You WILL need something to hold your battery though. This isn't hard to do. You can use sheet aluminum from any home improvement store. Measure on your subframe where the battery typically goes, cut out a pattern on cardboard, & fab it up! Its not difficult. As I've said b/f, I see this method done at the track all the time. Keep in mind, unless you have a FE installed, all of your wiring/etc will be exposed to the elements.

I'm glad to help any way I can...so continue to ask questions if you want.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Default Cbr f4 to f4i tail conversion

Originally Posted by gotcbr
I was asked about "fitting" of the battery tray. Really, there is *no* fitting of the battery tray, so to speak. Just like on your F4 model, the F4i battery tray snaps into place at the front by two tabs/slots that are already on the tray just in front of the battery at the bottom edge. They snap right onto the subframe rail. Pretty self-explanatory really.

As for the rear of the tray, hopefully you still have the two mounting holes (one on ea side) to mount to the subframe. Some folks get over-anxious & cut these off when they do FE's. Don't fret if they are cut off...you can still use the tray. You'll just have to secure it to the subframe in another manner...like zipties. It won't be pretty but nobody will know but you.

Also, I was asked if a factory battery tray was even really necessary. NO, its not really necessary...especially if you plan to do an FE anyway. You WILL need something to hold your battery though. This isn't hard to do. You can use sheet aluminum from any home improvement store. Measure on your subframe where the battery typically goes, cut out a pattern on cardboard, & fab it up! Its not difficult. As I've said b/f, I see this method done at the track all the time. Keep in mind, unless you have a FE installed, all of your wiring/etc will be exposed to the elements.

I'm glad to help any way I can...so continue to ask questions if you want.

is there any major bolts u need...Right now I have the subframe,tail,seats,tail light and undertray but its pretty busted up

Old 02-23-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by FarrisF4
is there any major bolts u need...Right now I have the subframe,tail,seats,tail light and undertray but its pretty busted up
Been awhile since I've seen this thread! Welcome to the forum FarrisF4.

To ans your question...
  • You'll re-use your 4 subframe mounting bolts that bolt the front of the subframe to the bike's frame.
  • As seen in my tutorial, you *should* replace the F4's front seat clip bolts w/ F4i specific bolts w/ the large flat heads. They support the front seat better.
  • You'll need the frankenstein bolts (or equiv) to secure the top of the tail cowl to the F4i split seat subframe.
  • Also needed are the 2 bolts that secure the tail cowl to the subframe at the front on ea side.
  • The battery tray has two small bolts w/ integral washers that secure the tray to the subframe at the inside rear.
  • There are the plastic clip/screws that hold the tail cowl plastic to the battery tray at the underside of the tail.
  • Tail light bolts/screws
There may be more but that's about all I can remember at the moment.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Default F4i tail conversion

Been awhile since I've seen this thread! Welcome to the forum FarrisF4.

To ans your question...
  • You'll re-use your 4 subframe mounting bolts that bolt the front of the subframe to the bike's frame.
  • As seen in my tutorial, you *should* replace the F4's front seat clip bolts w/ F4i specific bolts w/ the large flat heads. They support the front seat better.
  • You'll need the frankenstein bolts (or equiv) to secure the top of the tail cowl to the F4i split seat subframe.
  • Also needed are the 2 bolts that secure the tail cowl to the subframe at the front on ea side.
  • The battery tray has two small bolts w/ integral washers that secure the tray to the subframe at the inside rear.
  • There are the plastic clip/screws that hold the tail cowl plastic to the battery tray at the underside of the tail.
  • Tail light bolts/screws
There may be more but that's about all I can remember at the moment.
Thanks a bunch..Ive done alot of research and your the only person that has givin great details and specifics to make this alot easier...Thanks again

Old 02-24-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by FarrisF4
Thanks a bunch..Ive done alot of research and your the only person that has givin great details and specifics to make this alot easier...Thanks again
Glad to help. Please feel free to ask whatever questions you need. I'll help you all I can.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Default f4i tail conversion

Glad to help. Please feel free to ask whatever questions you need. I'll help you all I can.
What about the exhaust..I have a stock exhaust from and 02 f4i..will that fit to my header? Im runnin a micron high mount exhaust right now on my f4

Old 02-24-2011, 08:18 PM

A Full system F4 and F4i exhaust between the bikes are interchangable from what I understand - however you cannot mount an f4i exhaust can on a f4 set of headers.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:19 PM

Hi guys,

I put together a tutorial of sorts today via my cbrforum photo gallery. I captioned each picture as clearly as I could make it. They say that photos say a thousand words, so maybe mine will too!

I put this together to help you other F4 people...I hope it does. Good luck w/ your conversions.
I I was just wondering where I could watch your tutorial for that F4 to that F4i for your 2000 CBR 600 I am doing the same to mine and I'm kind of at a loss of how to do it..

Old 03-30-2018, 07:04 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Clconstruction
I I was just wondering where I could watch your tutorial for that F4 to that F4i for your 2000 CBR 600 I am doing the same to mine and I'm kind of at a loss of how to do it..
There is a link to his gallery at the bottom of any of his posts. Gotcbr hasn't been around for a long time, but the link still works.