CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Ebay 520 conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011 | 07:49 PM
|
Default Ebay 520 conversion?

Hey guys I am wanting to put a new chain on my bike I just got and figured why not go with a different gearing. I ran across this listing on ebay which caught my attention and wanted to know if this would be a good route to go?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...Q5fAccessories

Old 02-08-2011 | 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by clintthec
...figured why not go with a different gearing...
Most popular change would be a -1/+2 for mid range. Its really negligible though unless you're used to maximizing power output.

I'm not a big fan of aluminum sprockets. I'd recommend sticking to steel. They'll last longer & wear better/more evenly.

As for chains, the chain w/ the kit that you list, specifies a "clip-type" master-link. I recommend rivet-type master-links for worry-free use.

I've done business w/ www.sprocketcenter.com & they've always been great. Just wanted to mention another option for you.

Have fun w/ your shopping.

Old 02-08-2011 | 02:52 PM
|

Alright thanks and as for the master link I have never had any problems on any of my bikes with the clip master link except for the couple friends who are complete tools and can't follow directions...... However I feel safe with just the clip I understand the other side of the coin too though

Old 02-08-2011 | 07:42 PM

I purchased that exact setup. Went with the Stage II I don't know if I will go that extreme again since I do like to go on longer trips. If I was just a city rider I would stick with the Stage II. But will probably get the Stage I next time. I noticed a huge difference in throttle response and acceleration, it's extremely hard to keep the front tire down under acceleration. I also like how the sprocket looked. The customer service from Thrust Company is second to none also. I wouldn't worry about the wear these are good quality sprockets and the weight savings in my opinion far out weigh the extra 2000 miles you will get out of steel. I will never go back to a steel sprocket or 525 setup ever again. Oh yeah the Stage II came out to be 5+ over the factory sprockets.

Old 02-08-2011 | 07:57 PM
|

Wow thanks man glad to hear about the customer service with these guys. I'm thinking a stage I because I mainly do city riding but I also take it to go home from college on the weekends every now and then. So I'm thinking I still want my top end. Thanks that was really helpful!!!

Old 03-11-2011 | 02:17 AM

do yourself a favor and get a thicker chain if your doing any sort of hard riding or major mods... love to see people's stuff snap on them while beating the crap out of them... smaller = weaker...

Old 03-11-2011 | 12:25 PM

clip link = rubbish!

Old 03-12-2011 | 08:17 AM
|

Yeah I'm not gonna be doing any really hard riding realisitcally and I figure anything that has been done over many years is still a pretty good way to go but money wise I'm not doing a sprocket change right now....

Old 03-12-2011 | 12:33 PM

I'm just saying there's a reason why the chains are engineered to be that thick... I would just change your sprockets, but stay with the same chain.

Old 03-15-2011 | 09:15 PM

You should never replace the sprockets with out the chain especially if you put quite a few miles on it.

Quick Reply: Ebay 520 conversion?