CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Dumped the bike-

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dumped the bike-

It wasn't that hard. I cut off the plastic fender then I used a piece of cardboard to trace out the undertail portion then put it over a piece of sheet metal and cut it out. I drilled the lock hole and that was that. The locking mechanism wasn't difficult. The mirrors were a cinch and the flushmounts were only two wires and a perfect fit. No cutting.

: )- not too bad for a girl huh?

Old 08-11-2006, 09:47 PM

Looks good, now you have to bend over to find your key hole too! I hate that but looks much better then the fender. Nice mod!

Old 08-14-2006, 02:01 AM

Glad your ok. For some reason I could not get the pics to show. Im pushing a bit over 2 months with my bike. Im paranoid every day that today might be the day I go down on it lol. The main thing is your alright. Heal up and get back out there!

Old 08-14-2006, 05:42 PM

Take one from a distance, so i can see the whole thing.

I was thinking of doing the same thing to the undertail! Right now, i just hacksawed the stock plastic piece, but since i've moved the rear blinkers into the brake light it doesnt look good hanging down. I'm not a fan of expensive undertails either so was thinking a piece of sheet metal (or hard plastic) would do the trick. Glad to see it does look good. Where did you get the bracket for the plate, though? Just fabricated one yoruself, also?

Old 08-14-2006, 06:11 PM

Hey Valleycat...

First off sorry to hear you went down and glad you're ok! Mods are looking very nice!

How do you have the lock secured to the sheet metal to keep from spinning?
I have a fiberglass undertail where I reloated the lock to underneath and I have to hold the core to keep it from spinning when I place the key in the lock and turn it.

Also, do those front signals of yours work as running lights also, or just signals? If not does anyone know if there are any flushmounts that fit the 99 as bolt on that work as running lights and turn signals?

Thanks,
Jason

Old 08-14-2006, 06:28 PM

It is hard to find aftermarket front blinkers that have the 3 connections needed to keep the daytime feature of our bikes... i'm still looking, too.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:10 PM

Well Let me know if you find any that have that Flip and I'll do the same.

Thanks,
Jason

Old 08-14-2006, 08:38 PM

Hi Guys,

Trying to answer all the questions. As for the plate, I trimmed the top of the license plate to give it a tighter, straighter fit. I then took a piece of L shaped aluminum and 2 L-shaped brackets. I screwed brackets for the turn signals onto one side of the aluminum. Then I screwed the plate onto the front side of the aluminum. The whole thing is drilled and screwed into the sheet metal. I used bonding compound around the lock to keep it in place.

I thought about using plastic too but I don't have a hugger and I knew the plastic would get dinged up by rocks. The sheet metal is much sturdier. I am thinking I am going to put it across the entire bottom.

I don't like the amber lights so as soon as I have some extra cash, I think I am going to put the flushmounts into the tail fairing. It should only be a little drilling and hopefully I'll get it right the first time. The front signals are not running lights, only two wires. It's all good though, I am not too worried about getting pulled over.

Here is a pic from farther away but you can't really see how it looks underneath.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:09 PM

Sorry to hear man. I dumped mine today. Was going around a corner a little to heavy on the rear brake, fish tailed and put it in a ditch. Did a flip over the bars and landed. Don't want to admit it, but the girlfriend was right for making me wear a helmet. Now I am looking for a new front fender. That is luckily the only total loss. If anyone knows where I can find an orange front fender, please let me know.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:02 PM

hey guys

i have your solution for the hotbodies flush mounts its on another post, its simple really just a couple of diodes

https://cbrforum.com/m_129799/tm.htm

as for the fender elminator valleycat that looks sweeet, but how does it look in the "trunk space" now ? is it just exposed sheet metal?

Quick Reply: Dumped the bike-