CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Dumped the bike-

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumped the bike-

Two types of riders, those that have been down and those that are going down. I am officially in the latter group. On my way to work, turning into the driveway of my complex and some woman is barreling down the middle of the driveway. I knew I couldn't trun it that tight and had to hit the brake. I hit the back brake the tire hits water and slides out. I low-sided. I broke two bones in my big toe, sprained my knee pretty bad, bruised my hip bone and my shoulder. Thankfully I was wearing my jacket. I am off the bike for the next week or at least until I can bend my knee.

Broke my turn signal, mirror, and scraped the fairings up. This happened on friday. The good news is, I replaced the front turn signals with hardbodies LED flushmounts, and I relocated the seat lock so I now have a DIY fender eliminator with half an undertail. This mod is awesome. I will post pics in a few days. I also put on carbon fiber racing mirrors and my bike is looking sweet!

Next mods are going to be LED brake lights in the passenger foot pegs and carbon fiber airflow vents. Haven't decided about the pipe yet but might just pull the fiberglass out of the stock pipe and reweld it. Anyways, can't wait to show you all the pics and in the mean time, I will be a little envious that you are on two wheels and I'm not!

Old 07-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Default RE: Dumped the bike-

It happens sooner or later atleast you didnt get hurt too bad, still sucks though. I cant use my back brake right now becuase my rotor is bad so I am all front right now, goota watch that water, its always in the worst of spots! Atleast it sounds like you cant wait to get back on it, I know the guy I bought my bike off of, he flipped it doing a wheelie and then sold it to me. I think it scared him from riding.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:01 PM

That completely sucks that you dumped it. Good news though, your still alive, you can still walk, and you got painkillers.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:34 PM

yeah that sucks but least your alright, now i wanna c some pics of that fender eleminator you did

Old 08-01-2006, 04:01 AM

Sorry to hear too man. I dropped my bike once already too but it was at a stand still and damage was minimal... Good to hear your okay. My friend crashed his r6 and his bike was a write off.

And ya
undertail pic us.
bye

Old 08-01-2006, 05:17 AM

havent dumped my cbr yet. but i did dump my buddys ninja a few years ago....he wasent to happy. damn gravel[:@]

Old 08-01-2006, 06:17 PM

I dropped my cbr the first day I got it....I stalled it while getting ready to turn....I didn't fall and I actually had it in my hands but couldn't lift it back up so I had top let it down, But it did no damage not even a scratch so I wasn't to mad....just embarrassed.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:02 PM

I dropped a my first bike a bunch of times, all at slow speed. Havent dropped the CBR yet and hope i never do (yeah right).

Sucks to hear, heal fast and get back in the saddle!

Old 08-02-2006, 01:05 AM

sorry to hear ya dumped it, glad you're okay! be glad you were wearing your gear. it's nice to hear ya got some nice mods outta the deal. you gotta be real careful with that back brake!! i've fish tailed on more than one occasion on mine, but thankfully i was able to control it. it took a lot of work and practice, but i finally broke the habbit. as a new rider i was afraid to hit the front brake to much cuz i didn't want to do an endo so i relied on the back, but after that locked up enough times, i started trying new things. when riding, keep your first two fingers covering your front brake, never grab, but squeeze the brake and practice using it to see how hard you can sqeeze it. using just two fingers makes it hard to grab it so you're less likely to pull to hard. if you still can't get out of the habbit of using you back brake, try pulling your foot back on your peg so your foot is not covering the brake and you will automatically use the front first because it's more accessable. when you start braking all the weight goes to the front which is when you want to put most or all pressure on the front brake and then when the weight shifts to the back you can put more brake on the back. if you are taking the weight off the back and then hit the back brake (even a little) it will lock up the tire, you are actually less likely to lock up the front than the back.. if you would like some more info on this go to tony's track day riding tips

Old 08-02-2006, 02:08 AM

+1 on wanting to see the undertail pics.

Quick Reply: Dumped the bike-