CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

[Deleted]

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust selection... please help!

I had a D&D, I liked it at first, but it was too loud...so I got a vance&hines, it sounds great!

the Yosh pipes are nice, my buddy has one on his R6 and it sounds good and you can put your hand on the pipe after hours of riding and its just warm...I still dunno why you that matters....

heres a link to both the D&D, and V&H that I made
D&D
V&H

Old 04-13-2008, 12:20 PM

I e-mailed Tom (a.k.a Bootleg___) about his CF Shorty, waiting for a reply.
Trying not to get my hopes up, the last thread on this site was in September and at that time it only fit the F4i.

Hopfully since September they have modified it to fit the F4 aswell. I would definilty plunk down the duties and shipping to Ontario for that.

Failing that V&H.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:30 PM

My friend just put a scorpion on hers, which I think sounds pretty awesome although it was none of your choices. She had a yosh on it before. The scorpion is quieter, plus she got an awesome deal, less than 250 for the CF one on ebay brand new. I think her bike sounds a lot better and seems to have more get up and go than before. I had a d&d on my f4i and of course was seriously loud. I now have a rr with a 2bros and it is pretty loud but at least everyone knows I am there.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:24 PM

I like the two bros pipe on an f4 personally. Its a nice deep throaty sound. I don't like theraspy high pitched pipes myself..

Old 04-14-2008, 02:19 PM

ORIGINAL: qwerty

ORIGINAL: Bumble Bee

Well I have had the Two Bro's C4 and it's good, and deep sounding. I now have a polished D&D slip on and mid pipe and I love it. It's so loud and sounds so good. FYI if you don't like loud then don't get D&D.
D&D FTW!!!!
Yeah so? I got a good deal on it and wanted to change the bike up some for this year. I liked the Two Bro's, but love the D&D.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:14 PM

Funny how the pipe threads always have lots of hits.... IMHO, everyone should listen to the pipes and decide what suits their personality best (ie loud, deep, high... etc). Personally, I'm partial to Yosh pipes -- but also really like Two Bros & Arkaprovic (I though Arkaprovic was mainly race pipes -- probably why they're not cheap). I found this really helpful with my decision:

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0...ips/index.html

Old 04-15-2008, 04:07 AM
Default Mivv Gp

Mivv Gp carbon adapted to fit a f4. For me is the best!

Old 04-16-2008, 03:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Jamesbonz

I e-mailed Tom (a.k.a Bootleg___) about his CF Shorty, waiting for a reply.
Trying not to get my hopes up, the last thread on this site was in September and at that time it only fit the F4i.

Hopfully since September they have modified it to fit the F4 aswell. I would definilty plunk down the duties and shipping to Ontario for that.

Failing that V&H.
I've talked to Tom this week about lending him my bike for a day or two so he can design a pipe for the F4. He says he needs to get with his manufacturer to setup a date so we can get it done. I'll keep you guys posted with any updates.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:13 PM

Jardine!!

Old 04-16-2008, 06:36 PM

Well I got a Two-Brothers Pipe and I love it. If ya got the money, go with an Akrapovic system, which are awesome. I like the Micron pipes, but couldn't tell ya as far as experience goes, but they do look nice. Peace

Quick Reply: [Deleted]