CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

D&D exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D&D exhaust...

ive been looking into getting a slip on to replace my stock muffler. one of the big things that i am wondering is with the D&D exhaust how much louder is it than the stock? and also if some of you have the D&D could you post some pics cause im having trouble finding pics of F4's with the D&D.

Thanks
Murph317

Old 03-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: D&D exhaust...

ORIGINAL: Murph317

ive been looking into getting a slip on to replace my stock muffler. one of the big things that i am wondering is with the D&D exhaust how much louder is it than the stock? and also if some of you have the D&D could you post some pics cause im having trouble finding pics of F4's with the D&D.

Thanks
Murph317
Its loud, loud as hell compared to the stock can on a F4/i's. Believe D&D is the loudest on the market.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:10 PM

ive heard a d&d video clip on you tube. and my two bros seems louder. maybe his camera sucked for audio idk lol. playful god ik this isnt the right place but when you converted your pipe into a shorty was it hard...lots of tools required? im pretty mechanical just not many tools.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:17 PM

d&d is ridiculously loud, and to me is obnoxious

Old 03-17-2008, 10:55 PM

hmm...do you know if there is a comparason somewere about the d&d and the two bros as far as decibel level. i want a louder exhaust but i was riding with one of my buddies with a gixer and d&d and it wasnt very loud. is there a big difference between diff bikes?

Old 03-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jessej05

ive heard a d&d video clip on you tube. and my two bros seems louder. maybe his camera sucked for audio idk lol. playful god ik this isnt the right place but when you converted your pipe into a shorty was it hard...lots of tools required? im pretty mechanical just not many tools.
It wasnt real hard. I used a hack saw, a old scratched up hanger so I could cut a straight line lol. A hammer and a few wood blocks, and of course a drill, n rivet gun.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:56 AM

I have the Two Bro's slip on and it sound good. Loud,but not crazy loud.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

D&D... new it's pretty loud. Just wait until the packing wears out... then and only then do you get to experience REALLY F**KING loud.

If I ride my bike carefully - trying not to rev it too much... and I start riding like this 6 miles from home - my girls claim they can still hear me. If by poor luck - you hit a hill at low rpm and let it bog down while trying to sneak home, it'll absolutely spit hate into the world.

I don't know if the Two Bros is as loud/bad... but I pray it's not. I can only imagine something worse. If you want to get a feel for how loud each system is - find the next dyno day at your bike dealer... my bike had everyone clawning at their ears.

I'm taking it off and going for the full M4 system instead - a few more ponies, but more importantly - shinny and quieter. If that doesn't work I'll go back to stock.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One other comment - many track days are now monitoring DB levels. At my local track I only pass tech with fresh packing.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:45 PM

mine has a D&D but i bought it like that.....doesnt bother me because i have nothing to compare it too

Quick Reply: D&D exhaust...