CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

from columbia,sc up hywy#28 thru clemson,seneca, into deals gap around to gatlinburg

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default from columbia,sc up hywy#28 thru clemson,seneca, into deals gap around to gatlinburg

in a couple weeks im headed to gatlinburg from columbia,sc via highway #28 through clemson and seneca, sc into highlands and franklin, nc all the way up through tail of the dragon. any body gonna be out during that time in theses parts of the woods doing some spring riding?

Old 04-12-2013, 09:16 AM

I go to school at Clemson and have been on 178 and through mountain rest above Walhalla. All good roads to get a good lean on
Going up through Pickens is fantastic

Old 04-13-2013, 10:42 AM

im headed that way next sat morning to ride up to deals gap
let me know if ya wanna meet up in the upstate area.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

still planning this trip? i may be interested.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:57 AM

yep, im leaving columbia saturday at 5 am. im headed to deals gap to hang out and ride with a friend and meet other riders. then ride around to gatlinburg, we plan on riding the cherohala sky way route too, ive been on all the other routes except that one. my buddy, he lives a mile away from the dragon he's gonna be riding. im leaving sat and gonna get back to columbia sun night. basically im just riding around smokey mountains (deals gap) area for a couple days, hang out with other bikers and chill. anyone is more than welcome to join.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:40 PM

ended up staying sat and sun day night coming back today. totaling 1264 miles. best rip up there yet. going back for a couple days in two weeks!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

any pics? what route(s) did you take?

Old 04-26-2013, 02:59 PM

i got a few pics i can put up sometime. i went up to seneca and took rochester hywy up to hywy 64 through highlands and franklin, nc. then through deals gap around to townsend, gatlinburg and pigeon forge. they had one of the biggest car shows in the country there on sat. thousands and thousands of people. i put in 13 and a half hours riding on saturday, and was ready for more. for some reason i felt like i could have riden circles around the smokey mountains all night it seemed, lol.

i stayed over night in happy valley, near deals gap. my friend lives a cabin there on close to a thousand acreas on the back side of smokey mountains national park reserve. woke up sunday morning and rode the cherohola skyway with my friend back around through the dragon again, had dinner there, went back to the cabin and called it a night. stayed there, monday me and my friend rode back through pigeon forge then got on the interstate through the gorge into ashville back to columbia,sc...two weeks im back there again.

Last edited by cBrentb; 04-26-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:27 PM

headed back up to deals gap to hit some corners this weekend coming up. same route, just letting ya'll know ahead of time. im 90 percent sure this weekend, if not this weekend then 100 percent sure next weekend.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:11 AM

road trip this weekend. deals gap and gatlinburg. anyone interested?

Quick Reply: from columbia,sc up hywy#28 thru clemson,seneca, into deals gap around to gatlinburg