CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Clear Indicator Lenses

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Indicator Lenses

I was a bit bored with the old looking orange indicators, however i wasnt keen on fitting new led style ones as i have done it on previous bikes and it turns out to be a massive ball ache. so i got some new clear lenses for the current indicators thought youd like some pics

Sorry for the bad front picture the garage was a bit dark

Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by 500tie
I was a bit bored with the old looking orange indicators, however i wasnt keen on fitting new led style ones as i have done it on previous bikes and it turns out to be a massive ball ache. so i got some new clear lenses for the current indicators thought youd like some pics

Sorry for the bad front picture the garage was a bit dark

It does freshen the look up and again is a personal choice

I too have been looking into indicator mods and see you have to fit blanking off plates for aftermarket indicators and also that most LED's in my opinion would not suit our bike so well as well as having the hassle of resistors fitted to slow the speed of them down.

I also had noticed just recently on my bike that all the stock indicators are upside down (writing upside down on lens covers!) and expect the previous owner had other ones on and refitted the originals.

I will have to correct them sometime soon or it will annoy me knowing they are wrong

They are also droopy looking as they are and may be better the right way up but expect age is also not on their side

Old 03-08-2013, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Black'n'Yellow
It does freshen the look up and again is a personal choice

I too have been looking into indicator mods and see you have to fit blanking off plates for aftermarket indicators and also that most LED's in my opinion would not suit our bike so well as well as having the hassle of resistors fitted to slow the speed of them down.

I also had noticed just recently on my bike that all the stock indicators are upside down (writing upside down on lens covers!) and expect the previous owner had other ones on and refitted the originals.

I will have to correct them sometime soon or it will annoy me knowing they are wrong

They are also droopy looking as they are and may be better the right way up but expect age is also not on their side
You do not need resistors for led indicators to work.
All you need is a solid state flasher unit at around £9.
Then the indicators will always flash at the correct rate.
The BIG advantage of LED lighting is the huge reduction in electrical load on the system.
21watt bulbs are replaced with 1w LED bulbs
5 watt bulbs are replaced with 0.25w LED bulbs

The smaller aftermarket indicators are lighter, do not droop, are less likely to be knocked off and are simple to fit.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 AM

Tim, my lenses were what appeared to be upside down too so I doubt it that both of ours have been changed I think it's because the indicators were intended for a few bikes not just ours. However the new clear lenses the writing is up the right way weird??

Old 03-08-2013, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by 500tie
Tim, my lenses were what appeared to be upside down too so I doubt it that both of ours have been changed I think it's because the indicators were intended for a few bikes not just ours. However the new clear lenses the writing is up the right way weird??
Oh! - Thanks for this Info as now I won't worry then to turn them around.

Mine are rather droopy though but I won't be in hurry to change them just yet, I noticed the replica ones go for around £20 each including postage.

I also saw a genuine one going for £45 on ebay and a stated price of RRP of £75 each !

Here is the link for that :
Genuine HONDA Motorcycle Right Hand Indicator - CBR600 FY/FX (33400-MBW-610) | eBay

Old 03-08-2013, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dean0
You do not need resistors for led indicators to work.
All you need is a solid state flasher unit at around £9.
Then the indicators will always flash at the correct rate.
The BIG advantage of LED lighting is the huge reduction in electrical load on the system.
21watt bulbs are replaced with 1w LED bulbs
5 watt bulbs are replaced with 0.25w LED bulbs

The smaller aftermarket indicators are lighter, do not droop, are less likely to be knocked off and are simple to fit.
I have been reading about both LED indicators and HID lights so must have got confused regarding the resistors then.

I did read the LED's though power saving are not very bright but expect there are also quite a difference in each type out there and going through them will be trial and error.

Does any one know of any LED indicators that do not require the spacer's to make them fit our Bike (F4 - FX-FY) properly

By that I mean these (which we would require 2 sets):

LED Indicator Spacers Fit- Honda CBR600 CBR 600 F4 F4i | eBay

Old 03-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Be sure you put amber bulbs behind those clear lenses.
Other-wise you'll risk offending the police or confusing/blinding a civilian.

Be safe, Ern

Old 03-09-2013, 05:56 AM
Talking

Hi fella, i was looking into the same... also i was thinking of the smoked variety (both with new orange bulbs!) did you look into the smoked and if so why did you decide not to go that way?
Yours looks much better, i think that indicators need to be as far apart as possible and so far im not sold on the small often pointy LED ones ive seen...
Good work and clear roads to ya...

So your London are you? Where? Im in Kent...

Last edited by sharkbaitjoncbr; 03-17-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:40 AM

With the LEDs you get what you pay for. Whats important is the quality of the LEDs and they do come in everything from large (shaped differently but just as big as OEM) to dinky little blinkers that you need gunslinger eyesight to see. Wish I had a pic but I use Rumble Concepts Signals which i've found to be very high quality and long lasting and go for about $35 USD. They also sell a plug n play led flash controller for about the same $$ but the flash rate is easily handled by a $12 flasher that can be picked up or ordered from any Advance Auto Parts. The Rumble Concepts LEDs are at least four times brighter than stock. I do not know of any light company that makes a signal stalk that will cover over the holes from the OEM signal stalk, I always have to get the little cover plates. If you really want the OEM look then buy similar shaped LEDs and take those apart and install the LED board in the OEM housing, solder down the wires and install an LED flash controller. Easy to do and it would be Factory clean.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 AM

So how possible is putting LED's in OEM indicator housings? And are there any tutorials around?
Thanks...
Clear roads...

Quick Reply: Clear Indicator Lenses