CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

chain and sprocket product recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chain and sprocket product recommendations

Hello,

Before I start I did do a quick search of the sight but couldnt find what i was after....

My question is... which chain and sprocket kit do you recommend for a f4?

Im in the uk so dont want to go through the hassle of importing a brand like 'Driven', which I saw had been used in the how-to thread for chain fitting.

So far my research shows Afam and DID seem to stand out.

Im thinking of getting away from the oem kits and perhaps going for the upgraded or 'extreme' kits as they are called!

So does anybody have any experience with these brands or recommend any others?

My local bike shop quoted me a reasonable price for fitting but didnt sound like they would be fitting the best type of chain and sprockets (i had never heard of the brand... sounded like he said they were made by chewbacca lol) so im more than happy to source the parts myself!

Thanks for any response!

Old 03-28-2013, 12:51 PM

I use renthal sprockets and tsubaki chain on standard sizing. I've used them on previous bikes and they are brilliant. I got my last lot from amazon but a good place to get them from for our cbr is bandcexpress.co.uk. If you select Honda then cbr 600 f then the year as there is another option for the fx/fy using a 520 conversion

Old 03-28-2013, 01:00 PM

Just put one of these kits on

HONDA CBR600 CBR 600 F 99-00 NEW DID X RING HEAVY DUTY GOLD CHAIN & SPROCKET KIT | eBay

Runs very smooth - fitted very well - looks like it will last.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:24 PM

Thanks for the responses!

Dean0 thanks for the link... I have been looking at those but didnt find ones that cheap and good to know its a good product!

500tie, which kit did you use... if you can remember im liking the look of the kits but are a little pricey! I am tempted though!

I think im sold on the x ring type of chain now!

Old 03-28-2013, 01:29 PM

I have the same type of kit on my Honda Blackbird.

That has 8,000 miles on it - mostly 2 up and is still going strong.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

I'm a fan of the renthal sprockets, but recently switched to afam on recommendation from a friend. I've always stuck with d.i.d or rk chains and installed them myself to save some $$.

Last edited by CJardine; 03-29-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:06 PM

This is the one I've had before mate

B&C Express | Drive Kits Road

Old 03-28-2013, 03:31 PM

Thanks again for all the responses

Originally Posted by CJardine
I'm a fan of the renthal sprockets, but recently switched to afam on recommendation from a friend. I've always stuck with d.i.d or rk chains and installed them myself so save some $$.
Rk chains? Not heard of them lol

Looks like a big variety in opinions so I guess its what my wallet has to say that decides it! Out of curiosity... how long do your chains last roughly?

8k was mentioned which sounds good for a £90 chain and sprocket kit

Old 03-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

DID and RK chains are the OEM chains for our bike. And with a good quality chain like a DID that you maintain properly and correctly, you will easily got more than 18k miles out of it. When I bought my bike it had ~18k miles on it, the PO had the original chain/sprocket set on the bike, I got another 3k miles before I swapped to a 520 chain; the original had a ton of life left. Now that I have a 600rr rear wheel I have to get a new rear sprocket and a longer chain so I'm swapping out to AFAM sprockets but still investing in a DID chain.

Last edited by CJardine; 03-29-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: adding content
Old 03-30-2013, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by CJardine
DID and RK chains are the OEM chains for our bike. And with a good quality chain like a DID that you maintain properly and correctly, you will easily got more than 18k miles out of it. When I bought my bike it had ~18k miles on it, the PO had the original chain/sprocket set on the bike, I got another 3k miles before I swapped to a 520 chain; the original had a ton of life left. Now that I have a 600rr rear wheel I have to get a new rear sprocket and a longer chain so I'm swapping out to AFAM sprockets but still investing in a DID chain.
Thanks for letting me know

My bike has just hit 19k miles and ive put in 2k of them. Current chain is a did so I am assuming its the original.

Quick Reply: chain and sprocket product recommendations