CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

bike wont start :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by galequin
thanks guys! i took my battery to get recharged at a local Advanced Auto Parts store for free , and picked up some new fuses... are there more fuses anywhere else on the bike? is it just those near the battery?
Yea get that charged up i had the same problems when my battery died. You should buy a battery tender trickle charger so it wont die. My trickle charger has saved me from ripping my bike apart on more than one occasion.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Default C'est La Vie

Originally Posted by ddavis17
Yea get that charged up i had the same problems when my battery died. You should buy a battery tender trickle charger so it wont die. My trickle charger has saved me from ripping my bike apart on more than one occasion.
Appreciate the help .... got the battery charged and fuses replaced. The bike wants to start so bad I can taste lol it turns over but never actually starts someone just shoot me haha. On to the next diagnosis

Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 PM

Lol this is fuel related too. Check out what I just posted on another post. There are a bunch of clogged up F4's on cbrf right now

F4 similar issues..

Old 02-17-2012, 07:26 AM

if it will turn over and run with starting fluid then you know you got spark. i would start at the petcock valve, run a line off it into a seperate "recovery can" and see if you have fuel flow out of it, if you do then just start moving down the line to the filter etc.. doing the same thing until you find where you find where you no longer have any fuel flow. also probably would not hurt to pull out the plugs and either clean or replace them (while their out you can ground one out on the valve cover and turn the motor over to see what type of spark you actually getting, cranking the motor over with plugs out will also clear the cylinders of any raw fuel in them)

Old 02-19-2012, 11:45 PM

gentlemen the saga continues... Following ace's instructions and adjusting the idle screw and choke play has her running, I rode the bike around my complex this afternoon and noticed that I'm having problems with the RPMs. I've restored the snap back in the throttle and lubed the cable up pretty nicely , however it seems that when I get the RPMs high enough (typically around 5) and let off the throttle completely the RPMs begin to fall normally until they reach about 3,000. At that point the bike will idle at that level, never falling below 3,000 unless the idle screw is adjusted. Any idea why it might be doing this? It does this while riding too

Old 02-20-2012, 12:23 AM

so basically before you ride around and after she warms up, youre idling around 1300-1500 rpms right? and then you ride around for any length of time and upon releasing throttle.. she idles at 3000 rpms?

if so, how well is she running before you ride around? is she seemingly gasping for more fuel or does she seem bogged down at all?

Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Acespad3
so basically before you ride around and after she warms up, youre idling around 1300-1500 rpms right? and then you ride around for any length of time and upon releasing throttle.. she idles at 3000 rpms?

if so, how well is she running before you ride around? is she seemingly gasping for more fuel or does she seem bogged down at all?

correct she is idling around 1300-1500. I don't have to ride her around for this to happen though, I find that while she's warming up and even after, at stand still if I open up the throttle enough she'll come down to about 3,000 and idle there.
she's running fine otherwise, engine doesn't seem week or fuel deprived or bogged down any, and there's still a tiny delay in throttle input/response

Old 02-20-2012, 11:47 AM

So you go from "normal" idle to high idle after you blip the throttle? Just trying to understand ya .

Old 02-20-2012, 11:49 AM

And is that with the. Choke on or off that it goes high idle?

Old 02-20-2012, 01:07 PM

Ah so after warmed up, choke off, once you rev up to 3,000 rpms it sticks at that idle? To me this seems still like your cable gets stuck at that length of draw.. I can't see how a jet would cause this.. Possibly a spring or that throttle cable that's binding at those rpms

Quick Reply: bike wont start :(