CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Annnnd crashed the bike :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annnnd crashed the bike :(

Thankfully I wasn't going overly fast...maybe 40kph-ish going around a corner. But, I hit a crack of tar and it was super warm today.....and the front just slid out from under me....happened so fast!! Was all just a blur.

I slid 23-25feet, and somehow the kickstand got jammed in my riding boot and twisted my ankle really bad...it's pretty damn swollen. Thankfully a old guy saw me crash and helped me get the bike off me.Also, road rashed my leg/knee decently...and my jacket somehow cut my elbow up pretty bad. Dislocated my shoulder (I had surgery on it 10yrs ago..it popped back in...but Im hoping I didnt damage it too much)...I smacked my head and think I whiplashed my neck...and my abs are so sore, feels like I did 1000 crunches. and somehow crushed my right thumbnail...it was spewing blood. I cleaned myself up and bandaged ****, I think I'll be fine. If my ankle and/or shoulder feel ****ed up tomorrow Ill hit up a clinic.

The Frame Slider reallllllly took the brunt of the damage....but, all the fairings are ****ed up, bent the windshield bracket, broke the shifter lever (lol I had to ride it home in 1st gear)....clutch cover is scraped/cracked, mirror and clutch lever are scraped up too. BUT I think Im ok, so thats good....and Ill fix the bike up.....damage doesn't look too horrible

Me yesterday....all happy and fancy free!!!

Damage

Road

Recovery

Old 07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you had your gear on. Also, good that the guy helped you out. Often times, its not the crash but traffic that hits you that really does the damage. Yep, since you smacked you head/helmet, you should def get checked out. Some head injuries can seem like they didn't happen...then suddenly, you've got probs. Hopefully tho, you're ok.

I hate tar-snakes w/a passion!!! You really gotta watch those things.

I know the bike looks a little rough but Hondas are typically tough. If its running & not leaking, you can keep it goin'. ;-)

Hang in there & take it easy til you're 100%.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:31 PM

Yah I started leaning in the corner and the whole corner was just tar.....my bad on not noticing sooner and slowing down more.....but **** happens . Thankfully it was just on a side street so not much traffic. Im just glad someone noticed...I was totally trapped, and freaking out!!!

Ill get her fixed up....gives me something to waste money on :P....it'd still be functional if I was able to shift it! lol

Last edited by Kustamogen; 07-05-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:31 PM

just ordered a new shift lever......thats the only thing I need to ride I think.....Ill slowly fix other stuff over the summer....get some new fairings too, I hated the silver anyways :P

Old 07-06-2012, 12:40 AM

Sorry to hear that man, you're right damn that slider took a wallop! I've got a spare motor with a clutch cover that's untouched if you need it?

Old 07-06-2012, 01:00 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Wow, sorry to hear that.Nice to see you smiling in the pic though. I wonder how your elbow got cut... Def get your head and ab checked up

Old 07-06-2012, 05:20 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

Glad to see your ok and that your tank is ok too

Old 07-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Def get checked out just to be safe.. Maybe hit up motorcyclefairings.com as they have complete f4 fairing sets too.

Glad you're relatively alright!

Old 07-06-2012, 10:50 AM

Im in a clinic right now waiting on xrays on my ankle....it looks like a softball is attached to the side lol.....But everything else is just scrapes/bumps/bruises....my right hip is purple, not sure how I managed that. I'm walking around like Im 90yrs old lol

Im broke now, so maybe next month I can order in some fairings.....once the shifter is in Ill ride around and make sure nothing else is messed up. Bike should be ridable once the shifters swapped out though lol. I dont care if I have to ride around with some messed up fairings for a bit.

Everyones like "SELL THE BIKE!"....but meh, stuff happens....just gotta watch the old roads better next time!

Old 07-06-2012, 11:27 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you're not too badly beat-up, the bike can be repaired and doesn't look too bad really.

That type of accident is all too easy to do. There was an accident on one of my favourite curves near me, which left a long groove which follows the radius of the curve. Got my wheels in it once and it scared the **** out of me! Very careful there now!!

Hope you heal up soon.

Last edited by gotcbr; 07-06-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: language

Quick Reply: Annnnd crashed the bike :(