CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Acceleration kit on the F4

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acceleration kit on the F4

I was wondering if anyone with a Honda CBR 600F4 has installed an acceleration kit on their bike? I am considering doing this in place of getting an exhaust system. I am really not looking to ever go 125 on my bike, so top end loss is not a HUGE deal to me. I would like quicker acceleration out of turns and hoping this will help.
The guy at my bike shop told me itwill make my bike a wheelie machine and this is not exactly what I am looking to do. I would rather my front tire to stay down when I slam it out of turns. Powering up wheelies are the only type I am doing right now, so I would not be all that upset with having the front wheel come up when I do it intentionally. If you have one of these kits, I guess my question is.........how much of a difference does it make? Is it going to be hard as hell to keep the front wheel down??

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

Old 03-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Default RE: Acceleration kit on the F4

Its not hard to keep the front down, unless in first gear with wide open throttle. What do you plan on doing -1 front +2 rear? try something a little less like -1 front, +1 rear thats what I have and its not to bad at keeping the tire down. I would recommend getting it.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:34 AM

Hey njjamie, I was thinking about doing the same. How much is it to have the shop install it? I thought I would try to install the kit myself but realized that I probably need the proper chain breaking/riveting tool which I learned was about $100. By the way,a fellow rider mentioned that he did a -1 up front first while using his original chain, then went +2 at the rear with a new chain a few months later when he decided he wanted more acceleration.

057BamBoo

Old 03-05-2007, 11:31 PM

I just ordered a 520 conversion for my F4. 1 down in the front and 2 up in the rear from sumofallparts.com for 150 shipped. Install is going to be 90. Ill have it on by this weekend and ill post some comments on how it feels..

Old 03-06-2007, 09:13 PM

Hi Sant201,

Huge help if you can post and let me know how this kit works out for you. Just so I have an idea, how experienced of a rider are you? I guess I am afraid of going one down in the front PLUS 2 up in the rear.....if it is a wheelie machine, I may not want to do the rear. It would also suck to get the one down in the front and not be pleased with it and have to change it again.

Wow, I am so happy I posted this. Please be sure to let me know what you think about the new kick in your bikes a$$, hahaha.

Til then,

Jamie

Old 03-08-2007, 02:40 AM

Been riding the 520 for a long time now. LOVE IT. I have done the -1 +2, and the -1 and keepd the rear at 45. if you leave the rear stock and drop the front it will NOT lift of as easily as u you are thinking. it will have more pepp to it. and you will be able to lift it up if u want (i ride on my rear...sometimes i forget i have a front tire)... you will enjoy it...i do. It is louder when you ride but not by that much

Old 03-09-2007, 02:22 PM

Just a thought,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Maybe a clutch kit would better suite your needs. I installed a Barrnet kit into my bike, and the nice thing I noticed was better "bite" during shifts. Another plus is that they are warrented for life and are installed with simple hand tools,,1 to 2 hours. I have a shop and did it in close to 30 min. Let me know if this helps.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:00 PM

i did the 520 quick acceleration kit from vortex on my f3 and hated it. You are constantly shifting while riding in town. If i were you i'd just go down on tooth up from and stay stock in the rear but with the 520 conversion. Vortex offers the rear sprocket in steel and aluminum.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:29 AM

Still waiting on my kit but it should be here on wed. and on by thur. Ill let you know how it turned out.. Ill post some pics..

Old 03-16-2007, 10:05 PM

I got the 520 coversion installed and love it. It has allot more pull and feels great. For the F4 i really recomend it. One down in the front and two up in the rear.. The front wheel will come up a little easier but if you intend to do it..

[IMG]local://upfiles/13456/71E5EBAC691F4EFF92DBF9E335B1CB02.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Acceleration kit on the F4