CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

99 F4 brake problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't have a REALLY warped rotor do you, causing the caliper pistons to push in and out making that feeling? If you have a stand set it up on there and give it a spin.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:23 AM

once your pump up the brake does it hold or does it go away again. if it goes away again you master cylinder is leaking. since you said you cant find any out side leak.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:35 AM

A disk that warped would be visible right ? At a visual inspection they seem straight.

Brake holds while I keep it pressed after a few pumps, so I can stop the bike, but if I let go and the bike moves some more, then I have to pump a couple of times to get pressure all over again.

I'm scheduled at a honda dealership on monday so I'll let you know. Thanks

Old 06-22-2009, 12:37 PM

According to honda mechanic brake master has gone out. Shopping ebay for one now. Weird that it would get damaged in a crash without any signs of exterior damage

Old 06-25-2009, 05:28 AM

Does anybody know for sure if I can fit one of the following front brake masters on the 99-00 F4:

CBR F4i 01-06
CBR F3 95-98
CBR 600RR ?

Or if anybody knows any other compatible models.

Thanks

Old 06-26-2009, 03:33 PM

I know the f4i is the same

Old 06-27-2009, 03:31 PM

I just rebuilt mine. 1 snap ring, rubber gaskets, and a new cylinder. While I was at it I rebuilt the calipers. Made everything work nice. Service manual FTW!

Old 06-28-2009, 05:24 AM

I have a service manual but I don't remember seeing anything about rebuilding the brake master. Where did you get the parts ? Any chance you can do like a tutorial, I'm sure more people would like to know how to do that.

Originally Posted by CRwreckz
I just rebuilt mine. 1 snap ring, rubber gaskets, and a new cylinder. While I was at it I rebuilt the calipers. Made everything work nice. Service manual FTW!

Old 06-28-2009, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by ccapitanu
I have a service manual but I don't remember seeing anything about rebuilding the brake master. Where did you get the parts ? Any chance you can do like a tutorial, I'm sure more people would like to know how to do that.
I went to the local Honda dealership and got the kit. It comes w/ a spring, new cylinder, and the gaskets. All you have to do is remove brake lines from the MC and take the MC off the clip-on. Remove the lever, then the rubber boot that the lever pushes on. Under that rubber boot you'll see a snap-ring. Remove that and all the internal slide out. Clean the housing w/ brake parts cleaner. Put the new cups (rubbergaskets) on the cylinder in the same order and position the old ones were in. **Make sure they are in the same position or it will not compress the fluid** Lube it up w/ some brake fluid and slide it back in the housing. Put the snap-ring back on, rubberboot, then lever. Reinstall on clip-on, bleed thoroughly and go ride. I didn't take any pics, but I found this which maybe helpful. It's a series of rear MC rebuild on a Suzuki. http://www.ehow.com/video_2328446_re...-cylinder.html

Old 06-28-2009, 12:12 PM

How much was the kit ? Great link, maybe it should go to the useful links topic. Thanks a lot CRwreckz

Originally Posted by CRwreckz
I went to the local Honda dealership and got the kit. It comes w/ a spring, new cylinder, and the gaskets. All you have to do is remove brake lines from the MC and take the MC off the clip-on. Remove the lever, then the rubber boot that the lever pushes on. Under that rubber boot you'll see a snap-ring. Remove that and all the internal slide out. Clean the housing w/ brake parts cleaner. Put the new cups (rubbergaskets) on the cylinder in the same order and position the old ones were in. **Make sure they are in the same position or it will not compress the fluid** Lube it up w/ some brake fluid and slide it back in the housing. Put the snap-ring back on, rubberboot, then lever. Reinstall on clip-on, bleed thoroughly and go ride. I didn't take any pics, but I found this which maybe helpful. It's a series of rear MC rebuild on a Suzuki. http://www.ehow.com/video_2328446_re...-cylinder.html

Quick Reply: 99 F4 brake problems