CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

99 cbr600f4 project

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 cbr600f4 project

I've posted in the new members page but I guess it's time to post here. To start I ran across a 99 f4 in a town close to mine gave 1800$. It needed some work as being primer gray and some things didn't work small stuff really blinkers high beam. Brought it home in August of last year and started lurking a few forums for information ( FYI y'all have a great wealth of information on this bike and many others on this forum)

Anywho, took it down for a week and did paint wireing and some LEDs for kicks and gigs. A week later a danmoto slip on and new tires (battle axes, love them) and that is how it sits today

Not for the upcoming mods. I have gathered every thing for paint and body, I'm going white and black with a little red to live in it up. i might try airbrushing some goust flames useing a matlaic clear coat I'm not sure about that one yet. Black rims with red lips red clutch cover and the other cover on the left (don't know what it's called) red LEDs .
I'm also doing an hid project swap with hids , new chain and sprockets -1 +2 with a did 525 chain new windshield if the guy from fleabay will ever ship it and intake tubes and grills that the bike was missing. I'm also debating on a jet kit for the carbs the jury is still out on that one

Sorry about the crapy formatting I'm posting from my iPhone right now and ill post pics in a bit I have to look around and figure it out

Old 02-22-2013, 03:25 PM

Oh and question how dose one change the spark plugs on these beasts I can't seem to get anything in the hole to take them out

Old 02-27-2013, 05:06 PM

i had to attatch the spark plug socket with an extension then you have to put the wrench on once u get it seated its a tight fit but def doable with a little finese

Old 02-27-2013, 07:42 PM

Thanks man, I plan on doing them while its torn down and I'm doing everything else I've allmost gotten all the parts I need just have to order a few more parts I'm ready to be back on the road

Old 03-17-2013, 05:30 AM

Quick update as I am tearing down right now, forks look bent, haven't pulled them off the bike yet though , hopeing that the triple is good but idk yet

Old 03-17-2013, 07:18 AM

Ok update number two, can't find a plug for the fuel pump, -_- it will be here Tomarrow and don't have a place to plug it in. The bike is all most torn down all the way only things left to take off is the forks vavle cover and clutch cover. I'm half tempted to pull the whole harness and go wire by wire. But there has I be better way sanding and painting when I wake up an maybe the head light idk yet I have three days off this week so it's ***** to tha wall on this I hope to have it rapped up waitin on forks and clutch to get her but we will see how the dice roll. More updates to come and ill post pics some time or another

Old 03-17-2013, 08:15 AM

Ok last update before I go to bed valve cover is off and motor is at tdc. The intake mark is on the left side level with the head and the ex mark is on the right side level with the head. Dose this sound right? I have surched the forum and found nothing on the topic. Googled and found a post.
http://moto.lexp.net/wiki/Valve_Adju...for_the_Novice
And it showed a pic of both cam marks on the right side level with the head. The post was on a f4i so it might not be the same for the f4 that's why I'm asking to make sure. I'm checking valve clearances and might as well check the timeing while I'm in there. So any help or insite will be helpfull. I'm going to check the service guide and see what it says to so I hope some wear I can find the answer I'm looking for.

Thanks Michael

Old 03-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

Sounds right to me are you using the FSM or a clymer, haynes manual? 3-8 Talks about it in the FSM.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:31 PM

Fsm

Old 03-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

Than yea, what you described is correct AFAIK.

Quick Reply: 99 cbr600f4 project