CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

8 weeks out... Now this weekend... Time to get Eric back out

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012 | 04:26 PM

Will do thanks!

For the British weather I have a feeling I may need ski's

Old 11-10-2012 | 12:03 PM
|

Well I got out and enjoyed it even though ground was wet... was good to just open Eric up a bit...

Old 11-10-2012 | 12:10 PM

To a true rider, there's just nothing like a ride to renew one's spirit. :-) Glad you enjoyed it.

Old 11-10-2012 | 12:33 PM
|

Well, now Eric is going to be out of the garage full time due to steps that are unable to get him back in the garage so he's going to be under cover for the rest of his life. So, any tips really going into winter?

Never wanted it out, but the garage is now inaccessible and is being converted to a home cinema room.. so... what's the best weather proofing spray/liquids to keep it free from corrosion or rust?

Old 11-10-2012 | 12:43 PM

Outside forever?... Oh noooo! ;-) If you could put the bike vertical on a good pair of stands, it wouldn't take up but just a couple of feet. This isn't possible?

Anyway... Get yourself a good weather resistant bike cover. Still, that won't prevent constant moisture cycles, day in & day out. Keep your gas tank full & start the bike & let it run for a few min as often as possible. If you can keep the tires off the ground, even better.

Old 12-09-2012 | 11:02 AM
|

Well, had to take Eric to gt the Uk MOT done... breezed through as expected... think they like the sound of the exhaust and didn't fail even though though know it's technically a little bit loud legality wise. Then had a very cold blast back in 3C weather... fingers were frozen but man did the engine love that cold air!

Old 12-09-2012 | 03:49 PM

I feel you there Pug on the long time I got to ride my 'ol girl yesterday for the first time in just shy of 4 months it was awesome though.

Old 12-09-2012 | 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pugheaven
Well, had to take Eric to gt the Uk MOT done... breezed through as expected... think they like the sound of the exhaust and didn't fail even though though know it's technically a little bit loud legality wise. Then had a very cold blast back in 3C weather... fingers were frozen but man did the engine love that cold air!
Glad it went well. :-) You guys have some strict regs over there! ;-)

Originally Posted by CeeBeeARguy
I feel you there Pug on the long time I got to ride my 'ol girl yesterday for the first time in just shy of 4 months it was awesome though.
Glad you got to enjoy a ride. :-)

Old 12-13-2012 | 02:17 PM
|

Originally Posted by CeeBeeARguy
Well, hopefully Santa will be bringing me some winter gloves and some heated overgrips so I can get Eric out this winter, it's been amazing here all this week in Wales... -2 to -3C at night and barely above freezing, but roads perfectly dry... blue winter skies... lovely but I've not got the gloves to go out for more than 15 minutes before I freeze...

WINTER AND COLD WILL NOT DEFEAT ME AND I'M NOT GOING TO BE JUST A SUMMER BIKER!

Old 12-13-2012 | 02:28 PM

In addition to heated grips, I've recommended this many times here on the forum...Zippo - Hand Warmer (Style #40306-Z).

Quick Reply: 8 weeks out... Now this weekend... Time to get Eric back out