CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

2000 cbr f4 600 please help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 cbr f4 600 please help.

Hello everyone i am new to this site here is my problem, I just bought a bike from a guy and when we got there he told us he had just took it for a ride and the battery was old so he jumped it with a truck, Then we turned the choke down and bike shut off so then he tried jumping it again and got the wires crossed on the jumper cables and popped a fuse we replaced it the next day when i got it home and put a new battery in it lights and everything work but bike wont start it tries to but wont kick in anyone have any sugguestions? i would appr. anything you have to offer me and will take every thing into consideration Thanks. also this is my first bike. ALSO I JUST GOT AN IDEA AND I SMELL GAS IN THE OIL WILL THIS MAKE THE BIKE NOT FIRE?? And where can i find the oil dipstick at lol

Last edited by sk8erpunk_351; 03-31-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:56 AM

There is a sight glass on the right side of the crank case. You have to have the bike sitting level to check it. Gas in the oil won't keep the bike from firing but it does mean you need to change your oil or you'll risk spinning a bearing. As it's a new bike you should also change the coolant and brake fluid as well.

Do you hear your fuel pump prime when you turn the key. I'm not sure if the f4's have it but the f4i's have a diode in the bottom of the ignition that can fail. I hooked up my battery backward a few weeks back. Blew the main fuse and that diode. Replaced the diode with a 2200ohm, 1/2 watt resistor and it's good as new.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
There is a sight glass on the right side of the crank case. You have to have the bike sitting level to check it. Gas in the oil won't keep the bike from firing but it does mean you need to change your oil or you'll risk spinning a bearing. As it's a new bike you should also change the coolant and brake fluid as well.

Do you hear your fuel pump prime when you turn the key. I'm not sure if the f4's have it but the f4i's have a diode in the bottom of the ignition that can fail. I hooked up my battery backward a few weeks back. Blew the main fuse and that diode. Replaced the diode with a 2200ohm, 1/2 watt resistor and it's good as new.
F4 fuel pump doesn't have a loud prime.

To the orginal poster, I'd take it back to the guy and make him fix it.

If you want to fix it yourself, i'd follow jp's advice and start checking for spark i.e. a blown diode, blow fuse.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:32 PM

hey guys i figured out the problem we changed the battery spark plugs and oil and filter then we traced the fuel lines and the fuel pump was not connected by the battery lol, anyways I found an old piece of rubber hose stuck down in one of the carbs it was appx. 1" long you can tell it had been in there for a long time because it was harder then a rock and was rounded off it was kinda crazy do you think that could cause me problems in the future?

Old 04-03-2011, 10:33 PM

also what are some things i should to clean up the bike i dont want to put the wrong chemical on it and eat the paint THANKS EVERYONE!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 AM

I use the turtle wax ice car wash soap with a soft rag on mine.. works great and hasnt done any damage

Old 04-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Banned

Honda spray cleaner - this stuff is great. You can use it on everything on the bike; plastics, chrome, aluminum, etc.

This stuff has carnuba wax, uv protection, and gives it a good shine.