CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

What is your preference on parts shopping?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your preference on parts shopping?

hey guys... where do you shop for all your bike needs.... fuel filter,air filter, oil... ect... lemme know

Old 03-14-2007, 02:59 AM
Default RE: What is your preference on parts shopping?

Maintenece stuff like you said "oil, filters, ect.." I go to the dealer, official HONDA parts. A little pricey but you get what you pay for, but if they are through the roof for pricing I shop around for best product for my money.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:02 AM

For the little things i'll usually jsut goto a local motorcycle shop, but big oem things i just buy online. The cheapest place i've found is crotchrocket.com

Old 03-14-2007, 03:34 AM

I just go to Napa or Advance Auto. They carry fram oil filters and fuel filters. The fuel filter is pretty much a universal deal. But they do carry the correct oil filters also.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Banned

I prefer to support brick and mortar shops, man. It's nice to get in good with those cats.

We've got a Moto Guzzi dealer here, Jackson Cycles. Galen is good people and he always deals me right. No bs, unless we're talking bikes

Brakes, brake lines, tires, oil (stocks Honda GN-4), gloves, jackets, pants/jeans, shirts - whateva. If he can get it for a decent price, I'll get it from him. I don't mind paying an extra $30 for something, I'm happy to support my local people. The Honda shop here, Horizon Outdoor (Suzuki/Kawasaki), and McBrides Yamaha all have ****ty customer service - it's like you're a damn hassle to even ask them a question. They can eat my ***. Honda doesn't carry anything I can't get anywhere else (except for that little black plastic cover for the inside of the windscreen), and they're more expensive. I'll go see them when I'm ready to buy new with cash in hand.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Registered Users

Stick as stock as possible, i alway's use stock filters, the gn4 oil when i started using that it made as much of a difference as oil can possibly make(shifting much smoother, engine rpm's much smoother, doesnt sputter as hard when roasting down from high rpm's) most dealership's are full of *****'s though....but stick with stock stuff as much as possible

I agree with him about supporting the local scene, but i have yet to find a good shop, the two i've messed with around here has dissapointed me on several occasions as far as their workmanship goes (had them do my clutch instead of using a gasket they used gasket goo and got it EVERYWHERE inside and outside the case, and had them put a new sprocket on for me but they diddnt bother to adjust the 8 inches of play out of the chain after they did it not to mention they put a smaller sprocket on then i had in the first place), and the other one is just obsceanly priced

Old 03-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Banned

Sprout - you need to learn to do that shiite yourself. Sprockets, chains, clutches, brakes, brake lines - it's all very simple stuff. Just look at what you got before you start tearing it apart. Take pictures even.

I wouldn't pay someone else to do it - and I sure as well wouldn't let someone I thought was a dick touch my bike.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:35 PM

+1 kid...(i think i used it right) haha... I just bought a hardback haynes manual from a guy on ebay for my bike... hopefully its good and a $25 investment will save me hundreds later....
thanks for all the comments!!

Old 03-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Registered Users

[8D] yea i learned my lesson...beside's... cranking wrench is fun stuff