CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

What tires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What tires?

Just curious what some other F3 riders are using...I went to the local shop today to get an appt. for a bunch of stuff, one of the things being new tires. I wanted the Michelin Pilot road 3s because they look like they have some insane grip dry and wet, but the guy suggested I get 2CT's because they are more for lighter street bikes, unlike the pilot road 3's that are made for heavier sport tourers.

I know nothing about tires other than the stuff I read online/youtube and that the ones on there now are completely bald and hardened rubber lol.

Any opinions? I know the mileage is better on the Pilot road 3s as well, but I'm not so concerned about that. I want a tire that I can ride hard and that will do well just going around town.

Last edited by jbrandona`; 03-10-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by jbrandona`
Just curious what some other F3 riders are using...I went to the local shop today to get an appt. for a bunch of stuff, one of the things being new tires. I wanted the Michelin Pilot road 3s because they look like they have some insane grip dry and wet, but the guy suggested I get 2CT's because they are more for lighter street bikes, unlike the pilot road 3's that are made for heavier sport tourers.

I know nothing about tires other than the stuff I read online/youtube and that the ones on there now are completely bald and hardened rubber lol.

Any opinions? I know the mileage is better on the Pilot road 3s as well, but I'm not so concerned about that. I want a tire that I can ride hard and that will do well just going around town.
I can't give an opinion on pilot 3s vs the 2cts but I can say that unless you have some A group track experience you can get away with just about any tire on the street. I would go for cost and mileage. I used to run cheaper sport touring tires on my F2 and I rode as hard as I possibly knew how to on the street. They never slipped up once.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:00 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

I use Dunlap but that's just because i have Dunlap decals all over the bike.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:20 PM

i had shinko 005's got like 6k on them with a few big burnouts few top speed runs and night at the drags and they still look pretty good. any they always felt pretty good. u can u get front and rear for around 160 shipped but this year i got a set of pilot powers to try out got the set for just under 200

Old 03-10-2011, 10:15 PM

I can get Shinko 005s for $141 or Pilot Powers for ~$180 from Jakewilson.

Decisions decisions...I'm not sure whether to save the $40, or go with a leading brand-name tire. I usually go with the "you get what you pay for" motto, especially when it comes to being safe on the road. But, rubber is rubber.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:17 PM

Get Q2's 190 bucks right now it's
The best bang for your buck!! Great over all preformance
I have even read people saying its better than the 2CT

Old 03-12-2011, 10:04 AM

Road Pilots have saved my *** many times... Best tyres ive had on it and I ride all weathers and the grip is insane!

Old 03-13-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by jasonb
Get Q2's 190 bucks right now it's
The best bang for your buck!! Great over all preformance
I have even read people saying its better than the 2CT
where's the sale at?

Old 03-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Pilot power 2CT's! they are the best purchase for the bike I have ever done!!!!!!!!
SOOOOOO good But I hoped of some old hard Bridgestone Bt14. I have never had so much grip and confidence before they are expensive but well worth the price in my opinion.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:26 PM

Pilot roads 2 is what I bought. still need to throw them on the bike though.

Quick Reply: What tires?