CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

What the fuuuuuuu

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the fuuuuuuu

My battery keeps dying on me. How do you know if it's the rectifier or the stator because I charge it all night and it dies so quickly when riding. Im assuming it's not the stator because when i rev it up to the "charging" RPMS, it charges it a little (.1v) or so.. Now would the rectifier be the issue because it doesn't seem like it's getting enough juice. I am considering getting one of these bad boys.. but i don't know it its legit?!?

Can somone help?!!?

CBRmania.. u da man with the knowledge.. help me out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

Old 09-27-2006, 06:28 PM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!
Default RE: What the fuuuuuuu

How old is your battery? If it is shot, it wont hold a charge. I would take it to Autozone and have them check it out b4 I bought a new rectifier.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:07 AM

bought it last month...

Old 09-28-2006, 01:46 AM

To test the charging voltage of a battery, you must start with a fully charged battery (around 12.2-12.5 volts with the key off, measured across the terminals). When you crank your bike, the voltage should drop to around 11.4 - 11.6, but should immediately start climbing back up again if your stator is operating correctly. Your regulator/rectifier should start capping off the voltage reaching the battery at around 13.7 - 14 volts or so. A better test is to get a clamp on ammeter (unfortunately pretty pricey) and clamp it to the power wire coming from the battery. This will show you exactly how many amps are being drawn and how many are coming back into the battery and charging it. When you bought your new battery, did you charge it fully before you installed it in your bike? Did you buy it from a dealer, or just the auto parts store? Is it a Yuasa battery that is designed for motorcycles, or is it a wal-mart special battery that "is compatible with" the battery that's supposed to be in your bike? There's a chance the battery wasn't properly initialized and is therefore doomed from the start. A new battery must be fully charged before installing it in the motorcycle, unless it is a sealed from the factory maintenance free battery. Even then you must check the voltage and ensure it is between 12.4 and 12.7 volts, otherwise you still need to charge it.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:06 AM