CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Want to paint stator cover - oil or no oil?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Want to paint stator cover - oil or no oil?

overall yes, you will need a pan...i had mine powdercoated personally, both sides...but i am just **** like that and wanted something that will withstand chemicals for cleaning as well as rocks that may hit skipping off tires or whatnot....i know you can get it powdered relatively cheap from numerous places and if you can do it, i would recommend that way, but like i said, i am ****...

just fyi....the stator side has a gasket...bout $5 i think and the crankcase side does not....although the service manual says there is one, honda stopped using the gasket and instead uses a hightemp sealant.....if you are going to take off the crank cover, drain the oil while you are at and do an oil change....

i took off both covers, drained the oil, and replaced my filter in one shot....worked out really well.....

Old 11-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Want to paint stator cover - oil or no oil?

Thanks guys! It turned out really good looking - much better than the multicolors of stock paint and road rash. I hit it with some steel wool before priming it to give the primer a little something to grip onto and to smooth out the rash a little.

Most likely will end up doing the F2 as well since this one turned out so nice!