CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Trouble starting the bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble starting the bike

I forgot to put gas into the tank, I tried to start it many times, reserve would kick it a couple of times then die after 5 seconds. I put gas into the tank and switched it back to auto but the bike wouldn't start ( i kinda fiddled with the RPM ****). But it still wouldnt start unless i had the choke on but the wierd thing is the RPM would never go above 3000RPM. Regularly it wouldblast up to 7 when i warm up my bike. Everytime i switched it back to regular it wouldnt start, I tried to use RPM **** but the RPM would never change. The only thing i could do was ride on choke. I tried my best to keep the RPM from zooming past 4-5000 RPM. Anyways after letting it sit for about 3 hours, i would still do the same ****. The rpm still stays with between 2-3 RPM choke on. I tried turning the RPM **** but it would never change. Any idea what could be the problem?

Old 03-16-2007, 01:32 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Trouble starting the bike

ok 1st if you didnt have any gas in the tank and tried to start it alot , the system probably picked up all the nasty **** from the bottom of the tank.(VERY bad) then when you switched the rpm without it on it hard to know exactly how far you adjusted it. then by you flipping on reserve then back to normal the system needs time to get it going so you need to try and let it start for a few tries. now adressing your rpm's on start up there is no reason it should be up to 7k on warm up unless you are reving it or have the rpm **** too high. normal idling should be between 1500-2000, when i idle my biek on warm up with choke its @ 3k rpm for a few seconds then close teh choke and let the bike run normal for a few min.

so your next step would be to get the bike running and trying to get the rpms down to 1500-2k , the reason teh **** migh tnot be working is you couldve turned it to far and just needs to be adjusted back the opp drection.

if you did suck up all the **** fromn the bottom of the tank you might need to clean out your carbs.

good luck and once you get it going ride safe

Old 03-16-2007, 06:32 PM

You may also want to try shooting some starting fluid into your intake.. NOT TOO MUCH or you will blow your heads. but the starting fluid is like 130 octane Eithier or some crap it will clean out any gunk in your carbs if you don't wanna take them apart

Old 03-16-2007, 08:44 PM

I would probably start with the fuel filter? and the not running over 3K rpms I would replace the Air filter also Bet cha that is it!

Old 03-17-2007, 09:28 AM

may want to take a look at your fuel pump too.. and for the idle adjust **** (rpm ****), pull the rear left fender off, slide the **** out of it's holder and see if it pulls out..that happened once to me and i had a hell of a time finding out where it came from.... there's a hole between the two middle carbs that it fits into, btw... good luck

Old 03-17-2007, 08:14 PM

to tell you guys the truth, im kinda lost in my idle. like the thing doesnt tighten or loosen, it just stays the same. **** SUCKS!!!. how do i try to fix that?

Old 03-17-2007, 10:54 PM

so it wont turn right or left .. its stuck ?

Old 03-18-2007, 01:08 AM

HAHA It was never screwed to whereever it was. Thats why it wouldnt do anything. Now im stuck trying to find where to insert it. Do you guys think thats the problem? Idle **** was never connected.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Alameda CBR
Now im stuck trying to find where to insert it.
ORIGINAL: melophat
where it came from.... there's a hole between the two middle carbs that it fits into, btw... good luck

Old 03-18-2007, 06:28 PM

Is the part im looking for inside the bike?

Quick Reply: Trouble starting the bike