CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Transition: F3 to F4i

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transition: F3 to F4i

Hey guys,

Havent really introduced myself ever or the bike on the forum. But I ride a 96 CBR F3 and its finally time to get the bike looking much more modern and aggressive, using the F4i front and 600rr tail

Before I post up some pics, does anyone know if I can do the F4i front swap WITHOUT the F4i upper stay? I'm a 20 year old, full time college student while being financially independent from my parents (and attend a university out of state) so money is always tight and I am NOT purchasing a F4i digital gauge.

So has anyone been able to do the front end modification with the f3 upper stay and f3 gauges? I am very mechanically inclined but dont have a welder etc. to use so if I can get away with just bending the current stay to fit the f4i thats the route I wish to take. Most importantly does anyone have a photo of the f3 vs f4i upper stay side-by-side comparison? I want to see whats so different between the stays.

All the OEM fairings + Seat + headlights will be up for sale soon. They do need a little bit of work due to the previous owner but I'll take photos of that down the road. If you'd like to purchase the entire fairing set, shoot me a pm and we'll work it out.

But without further ado, heres the bike:

I know the color looks off, but the fairings and plastics are being painted ivory, not white. Basically off-white and will have satin white accents and planning on using a Honda car emblem on the nose instead of the decal.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can take a pic of the two fairing stays and email them to you. I remember seeing this on CL recently. Do you live in Boulder? Im in arvada and will be doing a body conversion once Im done with perf. upgrades.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:15 PM

Yeah, I'm located in boulder. Threw it up on craigs to just test the waters but love being on two wheels too much.

if you could email me the pic, i would truly appreciate it. Jinsanlee@gmail.com

Old 01-19-2011, 12:30 PM

Or if I could borrow your f4i stay sometime next week that would be amazing so I can modify the f3 stay and make a DIY for it.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by geeky
Or if I could borrow your f4i stay sometime next week that would be amazing so I can modify the f3 stay and make a DIY for it.

I think I could do that. Im pretty sure this is going to be a huge pain in the *** for you though, especially if you plan on keeping the origional gauges. Annother thing that will make it hard (in my mind) is that even when your using the f4i stay you had to shift it down and forward a inch or so to make the startor cover line up with the fairings. Demented's writeup did have a pic of this but I think the link is dead now. Ill email you soon though, Im at work all day.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:18 PM

pm sent about the fairings. id like to see a good write up of the f3-f4i swap.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:08 PM

Where all the body parts are currently sitting. minus the 600rr tail parts that are currently in the mail.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:10 PM

I know a guy selling a fairing stay and headlight

Old 01-20-2011, 10:51 PM

already have the headlight, just trying to see if I can work out a DIY headlight stay. but pm regarding that fairing stay just incase

Old 01-20-2011, 11:02 PM

I messaged him to let him know.

Quick Reply: Transition: F3 to F4i