CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Tired of hearing the same BS

Old 05-17-2015, 07:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tired of hearing the same BS

Just venting a little here guys. But I'm sure every single person here has heard the same responses when asking a mechanic if he would rebuild an F3.
1. Get a used 1 from EBay ..... I already have a used motor
2. The bike is old and NoT Worth a rebuild. ..... It's my money I work super hard and you just made me a little mad
3. Get a 600rr. ......... This 1 is my favorite.

Anyway this is kind of a final attempt

My 97 F3 gets compliments everywhere I go. I've done so much to it and we've been through a lot. There's been some accidents that she was running before I could again and when I could move she's gotten me around
To this day she gets me to work and back so she's not over the hill yet. Really looking to replace what I wouldn't touch myself. Basically I want to replace head gasket valve-(springs shims seals) water pump seals Again she runs okay I'd just really like to revamp the bike
I'm Keeping Forever
If any 1 in NY knows of a willing good mechanic anywhere close .... CT Pa Jersey NY LI. Message me please

600rr fairing swap
Factory pro timing advancer + jet kit
New shock springs
Rebuilt master cylinders
F4i shock
Levers blah blah blah

Old 05-17-2015, 11:16 PM

If nothing local, if you can remove and ship your motor, then you can increase your options.
Engine Rebuilding for Motorcycle ATV Snowmobiles LaBaron's Power Sports Almont, MI (810) 798-2035
I know nothing of that place, just found it doing a search, but I am sure you can find many others. If someone out of state recommends a good shop, call them and ask if you can ship your motor to them.
Obviously what sucks about that route is if the motor ends up needing warranty work.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:05 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard of a shop that won't take your money lol. Honestly I agree with you. If you want it done just gotta find someone to do it. I'd look for other motorcycle brand engine builders. Hopefully you can find someone local. If not you may have to ship or drive it out. Good luck.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:30 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Replace the head gasket? Why? If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Maybe do, or have, the valves adjusted as a maintenance item, but if there's nothing wrong with the motor leave it alone.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:36 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Its never "worth it" build out a motor...

...but then, that's not the reason we want do it, is it?

Old 05-18-2015, 06:09 PM

Here in the uk we have a popular race series just for steel frame 600 so people are happy to rebuild the engins

Old 05-18-2015, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by jackojeff
Here in the uk we have a popular race series just for steel frame 600 so people are happy to rebuild the engins
I know a couple of older guys that started a race division locally for 90's steel frame carb bikes. They bought my two F3 frames.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:54 PM

Thanks guys for the ideas. I actually talked to a shop today that said he'd take a look. So there's no promises. Gonna hope for the best. If not I think I might just try leBarons. That website really looks promising but I hope they don't want a kidney
Dirt Con Exis. I've read posts as well as talking to some of you guys And my f3 wouldn't be what is is today without you guys Thank you

I'll be on tomorrow with some helpful hints and pictures

Old 05-22-2015, 10:57 AM

Im right there with you. My 97 F3 was my first bike that I bought back in 2006, shes been up and down, we've been through a lot together and somehow I still have her and she still runs strong. I really would like to freshen her up as well. Good luck and keep us posted as you keep yours goin.

-Aron

Old 06-22-2015, 05:28 PM

So an update. LaBarons charged me 2200 for a full rebuild While I wait I needed to get something to get to work. It happens to be a fz-09 Yamaha. All I can tell every1 is if you ever meet a mechanic buy him a drink. That way when your being raped it'll just feel like a bad date

And in NY two places that will do it. After the summer is NY honda in Astoria and Kaotic motorsports in queens. Great guys and quality work. But they aren't able to see a bike in the middle of the summer.

I'll post a video when I get her back up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tired of hearing the same BS