CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Temp sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Temp sensor

Hi new to the site thanks for having me hope your all well. I'm looking for some help and hope your the right people. I have a cbr600f3 97 and I have done a f4i clock swop I have changed the temperature sending unit (sensor) to a 900 blade 98-99 but warning light still flashing also the red light to the left of the neutral light is on. I did snap the last one wile trying to get it out and wile using a screw extraction tool cracked the head around the thread.so I have drilled and taped it then used a heli coil kit to re thread it.when putting sensor in I used a tube of gasket seal around the sensor. Any ideas why this light still flashing. Might it be earthing out somewhere is there some way of checking it? Might it be a dodgy new sensor?. I will appreciate any help on this matter thanks. And safe ridding.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

I moved this to the F3 section. There are several guys here that have done the same swap that you've done. I think you're more likely to get a response here than in the general section.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:47 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
I moved this to the F3 section. There are several guys here that have done the same swap that you've done. I think you're more likely to get a response here than in the general section.
Thanks

Old 10-25-2014, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Dowsett Bugsy
Hi new to the site thanks for having me hope your all well. I'm looking for some help and hope your the right people. I have a cbr600f3 97 and I have done a f4i clock swop I have changed the temperature sending unit (sensor) to a 900 blade 98-99 but warning light still flashing also the red light to the left of the neutral light is on. I did snap the last one wile trying to get it out and wile using a screw extraction tool cracked the head around the thread.so I have drilled and taped it then used a heli coil kit to re thread it.when putting sensor in I used a tube of gasket seal around the sensor. Any ideas why this light still flashing. Might it be earthing out somewhere is there some way of checking it? Might it be a dodgy new sensor?. I will appreciate any help on this matter thanks. And safe ridding.
I was told it might be earthing out but when you look at manual it is a green and black wire that comes from the tempreture sensor up to temp gauge it then tees off with speed sensor it then continues on to earth out on the frame so this does earth out as in book could it be a different season that gauge is flashing and showing high ?

Old 10-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the sensor should only have a single wire going to it, so it needs to be grounded to the engine to complete its circuit. so you'll need remove the sealant so it gets a proper ground.
Its been awhile since i did the gauge on the f3 i had, but im thinking that sensor had a copper crush washer to seal it off.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:58 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sjona2011
the sensor should only have a single wire going to it, so it needs to be grounded to the engine to complete its circuit. so you'll need remove the sealant so it gets a proper ground.
Its been awhile since i did the gauge on the f3 i had, but im thinking that sensor had a copper crush washer to seal it off.
Wot a dick I am lol thanks for your help yesterday I had to unplug clocks so I could spray the bracket I made for it I thought I would give it one more looking at when I did connections I was in the shed at night and light was not great after looking again I toticed that I had put a green & blue to a green and a gr to a gr & blue and she has lit up great every thing working as it should I was getting worried that the sensor I got off eBay from I might have wot your looking for was dodgy as it was half the price of a honda one. So I recomend them. Wile I was at it yesterday I also put a inline fuse and wire to my clocks to keep the time. I will post some photos when I have taken some of project so far and will put more up as it changes. Once again thanks for any help people have given me this is a great site and ride safe everyone

Last edited by Mark Dowsett Bugsy; 10-26-2014 at 02:02 AM.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

Glad you got it working. Look forward to the pics.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:57 AM

I can't up load photo to here from my photo album any ideas ?

Old 12-18-2014, 01:24 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Upload directly from your computer or use a third party photo sharing site, like Photobucket or Flickr.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:09 AM
Default Cbr 600 f3 streetfighter

Cbr 600f3 streetfighter thanks

Attached Thumbnails Temp sensor-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Temp sensor