CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

taking carbs off 95 f3

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dissevered
If you take off your gas tank, air box, and lower fairings, you should be able to easily get a stubby screw driver, or even a long one in there. Under the carbs are black rubber rings (aka boots). On these boots is a circular clamp with a phillips screw to tighten them. You need to loosen all 4 up and then rock the carbs off front to back.

Let me know if you are still having problems. If so, I will try to get you a pic in a few hours.

just need to get to the last boot on the right side but cant see/get to it.
tried rocking the others but seemed stuck.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Banned

ive read that f2-f3 carbs need to be sync at the end....

Old 07-09-2009, 10:22 AM

They don't NEED to, but it never hurts. I've only had mine synced one time and I am always messing with my carbs.

Drosas12, don't try rocking your carbs until all of the boots are loose. It can be a pain in the butt, make sure you are working in plenty of light so you can actually find the screw. You might have to feel around, If you look in from where the Idle adjuster is you should be able to see it.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:31 AM

Those screws are damn-near impossible to find your first time. Get a looooooooooooooooong screwdriver, and remember that they face out from the bottom of the carb boot at about a 45 degree angle, two on each side of the bike.

If you don't separate the carbs from each other, you don't need to sync them. If the bike only sat for a year, there should be no need for a total carb disassembly and sync. Just pull the bowls off, soak the jets (don't forget the slows), and flush everything out.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyx
Those screws are damn-near impossible to find your first time. Get a looooooooooooooooong screwdriver, and remember that they face out from the bottom of the carb boot at about a 45 degree angle, two on each side of the bike.

If you don't separate the carbs from each other, you don't need to sync them. If the bike only sat for a year, there should be no need for a total carb disassembly and sync. Just pull the bowls off, soak the jets (don't forget the slows), and flush everything out.
thx guys,
Well I finally got the carbs off just like you guys said. I looked at the bowl of carb #1 and a little bit of varnish was there with very little deposits. Do you guys think its necessary to continue with the jet cleaning and whatever else?

The sea foam I had in my tank w/ gas for a year may have kept it cleaned. So maybe it is the spark plugs that is causing my starting problem.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by drosas12
thx guys,
Well I finally got the carbs off just like you guys said. I looked at the bowl of carb #1 and a little bit of varnish was there with very little deposits. Do you guys think its necessary to continue with the jet cleaning and whatever else?
Yes, you have it off the bike, that is the hard part... might as well do it for piece of mind. I wrote up a carb cleaning guide in the F2 section. You don't have an F2 but it doesn't matter. Take a look at it and clean em up!

Old 07-18-2009, 05:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These should help if you can find them,a + and -(24 inches long).I have no problems getting carbs off!got them on sale at harbor freight or nothern tools for 5.00 here in nc.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by drosas12
thx guys,

The sea foam I had in my tank w/ gas for a year may have kept it cleaned. So maybe it is the spark plugs that is causing my starting problem.
if you have the carbs off you might as well clean everything before putting them back on.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bout to start this myself tomorrow but I've got a question: What cleaner to use?

Hitting Pepboys and Autozone yield cleaners appropriate for cars. But I'm concerned about the diaphrams and floats. Is there a single cleaner good for both? Or what do yall recommend for the floats and diaphrams?

Old 07-19-2009, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Bout to start this myself tomorrow but I've got a question: What cleaner to use?

Hitting Pepboys and Autozone yield cleaners appropriate for cars. But I'm concerned about the diaphrams and floats. Is there a single cleaner good for both? Or what do yall recommend for the floats and diaphrams?
i used seafoam for everything. any carb cleaner will do.

Quick Reply: taking carbs off 95 f3