CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Staled after 45 min drive...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Staled after 45 min drive...?

So today is pretty nice and I thought I would go for a ride, well I went on about a 45 min ride and on my way home the bike just staled out of no where and would not start back up unless the choke was on and once I gave it some throttle it would just stale out again, so after about 5 min. trying to keep it running I just gave up, well about a couple minutes go by and I decieded to try it one more time before I pushed it the rest of the way home and it started and ran like nothing even happened?? Any thoughts on why this would do this??

Old 03-18-2010, 04:54 PM

make sure you dont have any pinched fuel lines. also, there is a thing called vapor lock that can happen with the gas tank. if it happens again, open the gas cap and see if you hear it whistle as air tries to go into it.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:35 PM

it was a ghost!

Old 03-18-2010, 09:43 PM

Mine did that today too.. But I ran out of gas, donno if I'm liking the whole not having gauges thing...

Old 03-30-2010, 02:43 PM

Sorry guys I've been out of a computer for awhile.. but I have been riden my bike to class and what not and it seems to do fine on short rides or when its not hot. But today after class I was on my way home and it stalled on me again and I open the gas cap and no whistle came from the tank. I havn't got a chance to look over any fuel lines that might be pinched, I plan on getting to that tonight.

But after it stalled I open the gas cap to check for a whistle and like I said nothing, but after that it started up and made it home then stalled again once I pulled in the garage...

Old 03-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Could also be your fuel pump going bad. One of our moderators named, Idodirt did a write up on what is was doing and included a short video. During the video while the bike was just sitting at idle, it stalled. It was a DIY on how to replace just the contacts that was way less expensive than replacing the fuel pump. Do a search for him and look for that write up.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by jalen11598
Could also be your fuel pump going bad. One of our moderators named, Idodirt did a write up on what is was doing and included a short video. During the video while the bike was just sitting at idle, it stalled. It was a DIY on how to replace just the contacts that was way less expensive than replacing the fuel pump. Do a search for him and look for that write up.
Thanks Jalen!... Okay so I am new to motorcycles all in all but I took your advice and went to check out the fuel pump and in Idodirt's write up he says the fuel pump is located on the left side and he is workin on a '97 and I have a '96 but I'm sure the fuel pump would be located in the same spot riight?

Name:  DSC01386.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  137.6 KB
In his write up the fuel pump is located right here and I don't see one.. and I looked around I just can't find it.. lol is it located somewhere else or am I just blind??

Old 03-30-2010, 04:16 PM

I'm guessing where that bracket is thats bent over is where the fuel pump should be located... I'm really lost on this?? lol

Old 03-30-2010, 04:20 PM

take your tank off and look where the fuel line runs... looks like your pump is completely missing... the bracket is there but no pump lol

Old 03-30-2010, 04:21 PM

random note, im not running my fuel pump right now until the new parts come in to fix it. my fuel line runs straight from the tank to the carbs

Quick Reply: Staled after 45 min drive...?