CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Someone please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone please help!!!

I got this F3 and it wouldn't start. It seemed to be flooded.... for awhile it would start but just idle and then either shut off or when i'd try to open the throttle at all it would shut off.. then it just quit working completely and only crank over but no pops or anything. SO i took the carbs off, cleaned the jets and bowls, then it worked!... a day later I started it, it ran for about 5 minutes half decent, and it shut off and never started. No pops or anything, just cranking. Two days later, I went out to start it, it popped a couple of times and nothing, so I cleaned the carbs again. I checked the spark, and the wires, they all seem fine. The fuel pump is also working, as I tried to bypass that and it still didn't work. Does ANYONE out there have any ideas? I'm really frustrated

Old 04-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Default still nothing. ONLY CRANKS

Why would the bike just crap out? I also forgot to mention that from when I ran the bike and drove it, I forgot to hook a hose up so coolant ran out, but the temp was fine and I did not even drive it for more than 10 minutes. So I was maybe thinking there was a coolant sensor so I added coolant but still nothing. So the story still goes as... 1st day I had it.. would only start and idle and shut off by itself or when I opened the throttle (even just a little). Then it quit completely and only cranked over, so i cleaned the carbs and jets. After the clean, it started up and I was able to drive it for about 10 minutes and it ran fine-- some coolant leaked out... Shut it off and put it in the garage. The next day I went to to get it from the garage, it started fine, I drove it to my house (which is like 30 yards), it shut off and wouldn't start. So finally I ended up pushing it back to the garage, and it would only crank so I left it. The next night I tried cranking it over and there were a few loud backfires with occasional fires like it wanted to start, then after awhile.. nothing. Took the carbs off, cleaned everything thoroughly again, nothing. It will only crank. Fuel pump is pumping, tried bypassing the fuel pump and still nothing. I don't know how timing could of gotten thrown off as it ran fine that one day. I dont understand what it could possibly be, but its frustrating, I have all new plastics and misc parts sitting there, but the bike WILL NOT RUN!!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Default plugs and spark

I also checked the spark by running a bolt from the inside of the wire to the frame. And it does spark. The plugs are also new. Why would it just run fine then not run. If somebody's help gives me the a running result, I will send $20 dollars to them because this is just too frustrating.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Default spark, compression, timing....

Well I have tried everything, Fuel is getting to the carbs, however it is not coming out. Jets are cleaned... could it be like a float valve stuck or something???

Old 04-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Default update*

Still have not got bike in running condition. However I took the carbs off AGAIN and sprayed out the float valve holes just to be safe, then put everything back together. It will crank with a few backfires and act like it wants to start. Still will not actually start. Hmmmmmm. Well for now- at least theres more hope than before I guess!!... if you guys have any other suggestions just throw em out here! Thanks

Old 04-21-2009, 06:29 PM

for ****s and giggles give it a snort of starter fluid in the ram air holes while cranking it over

Old 04-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Default Tried..

tried starting fluid. It seems like it is just flooding like crazy or something. UGH.... it has new plugs.. but i'm gonna try the old ones again.