CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Someone at Honda should be shot!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
You have a sonic cleaner I'm not Worthy, I'm not worthy !!
$79.99 for a 2.5L cleaner with heat function from Harbor Freight.

When I get / own a garage, I'll get a bigger and better one.

Edit:
What's wrong with this picture? Hint: Its circled in red
Name:  IMG_0105.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  65.0 KB

Last edited by Kuroshio; 03-15-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn it Kuro,

Some inconsiderate bastard dropped the breather T into your lovely red circle. I blame it all on the parents!

Old 03-15-2010, 04:25 PM

Just to give you an idea on the results
Name:  064.jpg
Size:  66.8 KB
Not cleaned

Name:  063.jpg
Size:  73.6 KB
Cleaned

Note the throttle springs and float bowls. I'm extremely pleased with the results so far. Now so long as my inattentiveness doesn't make me forget anything else during the reassembly, I'll try to get them in and get the bike running tomorrow.
Raining today But that's where my bike gets her namesake:

Rain

Old 03-15-2010, 05:10 PM

I'd hazard a guess that pictures won't do justice to your amazing efforts. I can see the springs are clean but it's the little holes and surface finish that matter and you'll never be able to get decent shots of them Kuro.
The proof will be in the running.
A very interesting project I have to say. Nice one. I love it when someone tries something new. Makes life so much more interesting.

So what was the problem with your red circled item? Don't tell me....... it expanded like an old wooly jumper hung up to dry.
C'mon, quit the suspense....

Old 03-15-2010, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by HenryM
I'd hazard a guess that pictures won't do justice to your amazing efforts. I can see the springs are clean but it's the little holes and surface finish that matter and you'll never be able to get decent shots of them Kuro.
The proof will be in the running.
A very interesting project I have to say. Nice one. I love it when someone tries something new. Makes life so much more interesting.

So what was the problem with your red circled item? Don't tell me....... it expanded like an old wooly jumper hung up to dry.
C'mon, quit the suspense....
Yeah, the outer surfaces can't tell what it did on the inside. But there was a huge amount of gunk at the bottom of the cleaner. And the pilot jet on the #2 carb was clogged before I put the jets in the cleaner. When finished it was completely clear.

As for what's wrong... Heh, notice the carbs are assembled again and yet there's this joint sitting there I also had put the pilot screws back in, forgetting the o-rings / washers / springs

Old 03-16-2010, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio

As for what's wrong... Heh, notice the carbs are assembled again and yet there's this joint sitting there I also had put the pilot screws back in, forgetting the o-rings / washers / springs
Nah, you simply did the remote Joint & O-Ring/Washer/spring Mod.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by jtkardel
Hey Kuroshio, the phillips head screws on a lot of Japanese bikes are made to a different standard (JIS) than they are in the US and off the shelf screwdrivers don't fit right. I don't have a Japanese Phillips screwdriver set myself, but I sure want to get one. An electric hammer drill with a new Phillips head attachment is one of the best way to get out these screws without rounding them, but otherwise it takes a lot of pressure and patience. I still inevitably round them anyways.

http://www.cycleorings.com/phillips.html

In a previous life I was a copier technician, working on machines made in Japan. First thing we would buy is a set of Japanese Screwdrivers. It sure makes a difference. These are probably 20 years old or so. Aymes Supply is where we'd get ours.

Name:  DSC04322.jpg
Size:  218.2 KB

Old 03-17-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Yeah, the outer surfaces can't tell what it did on the inside. But there was a huge amount of gunk at the bottom of the cleaner. And the pilot jet on the #2 carb was clogged before I put the jets in the cleaner. When finished it was completely clear.

That sounds like a trick I've performed a few times on various items from toilet cisterns to tellys. The human brain is so easily distracted eh?
Never mind, you had practice at disassembly and reassembly twice. No worries.

Well at least you didn't have any of the parts disintegrate or end up a shape they weren't before.

Ido, thanks for the screw drive tips. It would seem that UK cross head screw drivers are fairly compatible with Jap heads. I've not had many problems undoing things unless they really are obviously rusted up.
The quality of the steel is sometimes questionable though.

So how's she running now Kuro?

Old 03-17-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by HenryM
That sounds like a trick I've performed a few times on various items from toilet cisterns to tellys. The human brain is so easily distracted eh?
Never mind, you had practice at disassembly and reassembly twice. No worries.

Well at least you didn't have any of the parts disintegrate or end up a shape they weren't before.

Ido, thanks for the screw drive tips. It would seem that UK cross head screw drivers are fairly compatible with Jap heads. I've not had many problems undoing things unless they really are obviously rusted up.
The quality of the steel is sometimes questionable though.

So how's she running now Kuro?
Gotta get some time to put the wire harness in and then the carbs. Between work and home life (friggen union meeting tonight after dinner to vote on a strike that'll never happen), I've barely had time to fully reassemble the carbs

On another note... don't you just hate it when you finish putting something together and find 1 washer left over? Tore them apart again and rechecked everything, even referring to the microfiche. All the washers and spacers are already there.

Where the hell did this washer come from???

Old 03-17-2010, 04:33 PM

You just never know what the previous owner did, or didn't do. And by the way, micro fische's are not always the full story. If you really can't find where it went then keep it safe for the second, third or........ nah! it won't come to that many tries.
I know, life's a bitch and then you ride! (hopefully)
You'll get there mate. You know you will!

Quick Reply: Someone at Honda should be shot!