CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seafoam

Recently my bike is has been running a bit rough, and have been having electrical issues. I will probably replace the stator this week.
Anyway, I was reading on here about the luck guys have with it cleaning out the crap in the motor, so I picked up a can of seafoam. My question is what do you need to do to use it? Just pour it in the tank?

I know that my carbs were cleaned in may, so I think it is either just some crud that needs to be cleaned out or maybe carbs need to be synced. it only seems to run rough under 5k rpm.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Default RE: Seafoam

iight seafoam is the greatest thing. umm depending on how clean u want it depends on how much to use ive only used it once with the f3 i just bought but it ran alright i just used it as prevention. my dad was telling me last night actually for normal use 1 to 2 ounces per gallon, if u want top get it clean and get alot of shyt out of the carbs and jets and shyt put between 4 to 5 ounces per gallon. if that dont work get ur carbs synced.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

I haven't used it personally. I've read many posts on here from people that have used it and most all have said it works really well. Most said that it wasn't until after the second tank of gas that they noticed an improvement.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:19 PM

i work at a waterpark which has bumper boats, and they are pretty simple engines, but ya when they sound like they r running kinda crappy seafoam works great, we use a gas caddy to fill them up and usually add a full can of seafoam into the caddy before adding the gas into the boats... i thought about putting a little in my bike tank

Old 07-03-2008, 06:47 PM

the bottle says like 1 oz per gallon should I do that on a low tank? I just filled up my tank, and didn't know if I should do it on a low tank or full.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:49 PM

full

Old 07-03-2008, 07:40 PM

man i want some seafoam. do they sell it at pep boys? there are different ways to use it also. find a vaccum line going into the engine. disconnect it and let it suck up a little seafoam through it.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:58 PM

im pretty sure any VIP or napa or other stores like that would sell it not too sure tho

Old 07-03-2008, 08:04 PM

I bought mine at advance auto like 7 bux

Old 07-03-2008, 10:01 PM

If you want to do a hardcore cleaner use about half a bottle in a full tank. Pour it in first then fill the tank. That will clean the carbs great, and do some decent cleaner in the combustion chambers too. If you really want to clean the chambers, then take off the tank and air filter. Leave the carbs closed and pour a cap into each cylinder. Let that soak down and clean the butterflies for about 15 minutes, then dump 2 capfuls into each cylinder with the carbs open to get a good amount into the intake and engine. Let 15 minutes, then tap the starter button to move the motor (but dont start it). This moves the valves around. Redo the 2 capful into open carbs. LEt that sit for about 30 minutes.

Put everything back together. When you go to start it, it will generally take some cranking and run rough for a few minutes. Black smoke will come out, this is all the crap coming out. Let it idle for 1 minute, then twist it up to about 3000 RPM. Hold it there for another 2 minutes, this helps it get hot and warm the bike up. After its warmed, give some good revs, more black stuff will probably come out. Then go for a 'happy' ride and blow the rest out.

When running a high dose of SeaFoam in the tank, and doing the chamber cleaning, expect the exhaust to smell a little weird. I use SeaFoam in my bike like every 3-4 tanks. Generally 1/3 of a bottle. At the beginning of the season I do everything I described above.

Also, as a side note, when shutting down for the winter, do forget to put some Stabil in the last tank of gas to keep the carbs from gumming up over the winter. Dont just pour it in a push the bike in a corner, make sure you run it some with the Stabil in there so it can get into the carbs.

Quick Reply: Seafoam