CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

removed pipe and fluid came out and unsure how scarred i should be

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question removed pipe and fluid came out and unsure how scarred i should be

ok so im removing my carbs to put restrictors in whilst its stripped to the frame iv been trying for 2 days and no luck as i dont have long enough srew driver (my aircraft engineer dad took em to work ) anyways so im having bad time with carbs then i pulled a pipe off that had alot of evaporated petrol and it went straight up my nose so i was quite dissy then i pulled a pipe (it was in the way of a screw) out of the cylinder and traced it bak to a hub on the left neer the gear shifter think may be radiator fluid.

how worried should i be that i spilt like 2L of the stuff
and how easy is it to replace

Old 10-28-2010, 12:17 PM

This thread is full of "Huh?!"

Really long sentance btw.

After re re re re reading, I think I know what you mean... you pulled off a tube that goes into one of the cyl's. if it's green liquid then yes, it's radiator fluid... go to a Honda dealership and buy more fluid to replace, it's on the right side of the bike infront of the shock (white reservoir.)

Last edited by kerosene; 10-28-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by kerosene
This thread is full of "Huh?!"

Really long sentance btw.

After re re re re reading, I think I know what you mean... you pulled off a tube that goes into one of the cyl's. if it's green liquid then yes, it's radiator fluid... go to a Honda dealership and buy more fluid to replace, it's on the right side of the bike infront of the shock (white reservoir.)
sorry for bad sentence, was still rather intoxicated from the petrol. yes i know were to fill it after feeling better i looked again. any guesses on prices?

*insert c were aplicable as its not working very well

Old 10-28-2010, 04:19 PM

Hmm, It's around 15$ for a gallon or so, I can't imagine you spilled 2L, that would be he enire reservoir.

Get the radiator fluid from Honda, I will not recommend any other fluid, it just isn't the same

Old 10-29-2010, 12:52 AM

dude what color was the fluid.... radiator fluid doesnt usually make me dizzy.... unless coolant and radiator fluid arent the same thing

Old 10-29-2010, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Michaud85
dude what color was the fluid.... radiator fluid doesnt usually make me dizzy.... unless coolant and radiator fluid arent the same thing
Noo u misunderstood!! I took a petrol pipe off my carbs and took alot of petrol fumes up my nose (i took a breath as the pipe came off) and that made me dizzy causing stupid mistake of pulling rad pipe off

Old 03-21-2011, 01:07 PM

ok so is rad fluid and coolant the same bought some halfords anti-freeza/coolant to stick in my 50cc 2 stroke then got asked by my dad why i hadnt put it in my bike and was all confused so it can go 108C max -34c min 2 year life and aparently is "safeguarded" anybody used it or should i only use it on my 50cc (selling so dont care) and do i have to use distilled water or are people just going over the top when saying that

Old 03-21-2011, 01:52 PM

I use Coolant, any brand, dosent matter to me. If you wanna make it really easy you can buy the pre mixed stuff and not have to worry about deluding it. I have never had any problems with it. Thats just my experience though.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:13 PM

Can i just drain old mix and fill some say to purge it 3-4 times but that effort and i dont wanna

Old 03-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe 96 CBR F3
If you wanna make it really easy you can buy the pre mixed stuff and not have to worry about deluding it. I have never had any problems with it. Thats just my experience though.
Ok, gotta say this! That is almost exactly the formula I use to make my wife easy. Get her some of the pre-mixed stuff Aafter I get that in her, I can delude her with what a sexy guy I am! lol

Ern

Quick Reply: removed pipe and fluid came out and unsure how scarred i should be